World of used taiwan tubs----

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They said "great Pedigree------"

tenor.gif

Just finished another trawler looking trip 430 miles---- 2 days --- 3 boats--- same old ---same old. Seems a kind of perpetual rule that Trawlers are tough so let everything go to hell and its somehow OK Also -its a workboat so we don't need to keep it tidy and clean and ........"Lets load it up with stupid cutesy Kitsch so we dont even know where we are" get some curtains with lighthouse prints to match the stupid lamps with fake lighthouse bases....etc etc oh yes get some shower cutains with anchors printed on the plastic--------and some sheets with sea shells all over..........

Everything mentioned above is cosmetic and can be cleaned up/thrown away in a few hours. Now show me an ER and I'll make a decision, but the cosmetic mess just gives you bargaining power on the price.:thumb:

Varies depending on what boat needs -------- could be up to 50K if boat needs nothing :banghead:
I’ve seen a fair amount of boats but I’ve never seen a 50 k trawler that didn’t need something.

Maybe a 32 to 36 might be had for under 50K... certainly nothing bigger, probably bare bones if everything else is in good shape....and I mean good, not pristine.

I think the OP wants a 200K boat for 50K....possible but it usually is your neighbors boat and the widow has a crush on you. :)

Reality check - If you continue to search the very bottom of the market, why would you be surprised by the junk you are seeing ?

Just finished another trawler looking trip 430 miles---- 2 days --- 3 boats--- same old ---same old. Seems a kind of perpetual rule that Trawlers are tough so let everything go to hell and its somehow OK Also -its a workboat so we don't need to keep it tidy and clean and ........"Lets load it up with stupid cutesy Kitsch so we dont even know where we are" get some curtains with lighthouse prints to match the stupid lamps with fake lighthouse bases....etc etc oh yes get some shower cutains with anchors printed on the plastic--------and some sheets with sea shells all over..........

This made me LOL. It's a boat, why do people feel the need to put that junk on it to make it look more like.....a boat?

Varies depending on what boat needs -------- could be up to 50K if boat needs nothing :banghead:

Seems like you upped your budget a bit. Previous posts indicated you were looking at $30K boats but as PS states, a $200K boat for $30K. You really should reconsider Sortie's Prairie 29. And thou shall reap what thou sows.

One mans junk is another mans treasure.... or womans...... :D

This made me LOL. It's a boat, why do people feel the need to put that junk on it to make it look more like.....a boat?
Cuz if one needs a shower curtain or a throw rug anyway, why not something nautical? Not many folks add stuff just to add clutter. Plus, clutter can be thrown overboard.

Might find a mid-size "needs nothing" center console for that...

-Chris

Frustrated in Florida

We are looking for a Trawler for 2 - do not need multiple berths. Budget under 200K, minimum bright work, no teak decks, propane galley, master with double/queen walk around berth, 36 - 50', diesel, adequate AC, generator, flybridge helm station - not two stations, classic (ie, Huckins, glassed wood hull gets our attention) . Mainship does not do it for us. We have been in Florida for 3 weeks, both coasts, even Key West. Not much to see, and looked online for 3 months before doing this trip. Looked at Yachtworld, Boat Trader, Aglca, this forum, even Craiglist - frustrated at the lack of boats to see. Is our price point too low, inventory low - my wife thinks that the aftermath of the Hurricane diminished the available boats. Am I missing some internet source. Have talked and met Brokers - some good/some bad - that is a whole different story - searching for us - don't find anything that we have not found. Suggestions, what next? Thanks, Mark & Jane

sit back and relax...most people wind up buying the wrong boat anyhow.

thinking trawler is a trap as there are lots of boats for the average persons needs that isnt a trawler.

Frustrated part 2

By trawler, we want hull speed only, do Not want 700+ HP, we are long time retired and have no schedule to keep, want to cruise Florida coasts, Bahamas, maybe the East Coast, no desire for the whole Loop. Classic lines gets points for us. Thanks, M & J

By trawler, we want hull speed only, do Not want 700+ HP, we are long time retired and have no schedule to keep, want to cruise Florida coasts, Bahamas, maybe the East Coast, no desire for the whole Loop. Classic lines gets points for us. Thanks, M & J

There is a Ocean Alexander MK1 (50') in VA for sale (although I can't find it on YW anymore). I met the owners here in the PNW and they owned two; one here, one there....so pretty motivated to sell the one there.

is a crazy one ----in Florida at least--latest theme is "Hide the Hurricane Irma damage" second theme is "Liveaboard cheaply" it does not matter if its rotting and rusting away and is filthy--its floating now. Third is ":banghead::flowers::angel::thumb:Oh those pics are 10 years old "

and to think that the brokers or even owners, would actually show this junk with a straight face .... that's fraternity / integrity for ya ...... LOL

fb

and to think that the brokers or even owners, would actually show this junk with a straight face .... that's fraternity / integrity for ya ...... LOL

fb

Yep. I've been amazed at some of the junk I've seen and how it was advertised. :rolleyes:

We are looking for a Trawler for 2 - do not need multiple berths. Budget under 200K, minimum bright work, no teak decks, propane galley, master with double/queen walk around berth, 36 - 50', diesel, adequate AC, generator, flybridge helm station - not two stations, classic (ie, Huckins, glassed wood hull gets our attention) . Mainship does not do it for us. We have been in Florida for 3 weeks, both coasts, even Key West. Not much to see, and looked online for 3 months before doing this trip. Looked at Yachtworld, Boat Trader, Aglca, this forum, even Craiglist - frustrated at the lack of boats to see. Is our price point too low, inventory low - my wife thinks that the aftermath of the Hurricane diminished the available boats. Am I missing some internet source. Have talked and met Brokers - some good/some bad - that is a whole different story - searching for us - don't find anything that we have not found. Suggestions, what next? Thanks, Mark & Jane

1985 Roughwater Pilothouse 41 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

I too have been combing Florida for a boat and although my budget is larger there is still very little decent inventory. A broker told me that while the market is flooded with dogs, good examples fairly priced are rare and sell quickly. Most 30+ year old boats that are for sale are all used up and in need of a total refit and less than one out of 100 have been kept up and their owners seem to want to be repaid for all they have spent over the years. At least they do for the first year or so on the market......

That was the times! So change it. We looked until we found one in at least “better” shape. We went with it because we’re 60 years old. I wouldn’t expect a 40 year old to be digging all the woodwork and fish prints from the 70’s.

Up to 50k if it needs nothing? I’m dying laughing here.

If anyone finds one, call me. I’ll buy it and flip it!

Be patient she will find you. Enjoy the search.

Found it!

Cruising thru here and found my old thread so I will update it. 2 months ago I bought a 35yo Marine Trader 34DC. The PO had used it extensively, cruising from Maine to Stuart Florida for 15 straight years. I made the 285 mile trip from Stuart to Clearwater flawlessly. I love the boat and am now putting some 'touches' to it. :thumb:Marine trader2.jpg

Irma 1.jpg

No matter what your price range.
No matter what your acceptable condition.
There is an MT34 for every price point and every condition.
Glad you found yours.

is that air con adaptor bought or homemade? have the doors been removed or modified . nice looking boat . I bet my canvass was about that color before it faded out.

is that air con adaptor bought or homemade? have the doors been removed or modified . nice looking boat . I bet my canvass was about that color before it faded out.
Door Ac is gone-doors are intact and in place Marine AC going in soon- canvas 5 yo and not fading--varnish outside being painted--few other things to may taste going to happen TV given away and its antenna being replaced with searchlight--lotsa fun

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom