Where made?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Leave Um Nuthin
Vessel Make
Cruisers 3950 Aft cabin
Ok, just few mins ago joined. Question is...where was a 1985 Nova 42 Sundeck made? Am looking at one online at this time, but would like some info on this brand. As does not say Nova Heritage, just 'Nova'. Also, if this is not the correct place to post this question, please redirect me. Thanks.

I believe that Novas were built in Taiwan. Don’t know if there is a difference between plain Nova and Nova Heritage or not. Lots of Taiwan yards built boats for each other and/or lent the molds to other yards. Maybe that is the difference. You might look in Powerboat Guide and see what it says. I am out of town or I would look and see if it has any info.

Found this in the 2008 Powerboat Guide........:thumb:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 12.37.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 12.37.14 PM.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 152
Thanks a bunch guys. That is why I joined this group. Answers. I have been everywhere I knew of and could not find what I needed. The Nova looks just about like a Marine Trader and several others.

To let y'all know... I just ordered the power boat guide from Amazon. Thanks again for the info.

To let y'all know... I just ordered the power boat guide from Amazon. Thanks again for the info.

It will help you in your search for your dream. It has lots of good info and layout drawings so you can visualize what you are seeing in the online photos. Good luck.

We have a 42 ft. Nova Marine. We love it. The boat is very comfortable.

Saw a hull number. Starts with HGY. My book hasn't got here yet from Amazon.

Thanks.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom