What make of trawler do I have??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fryedaze

Guru
Vessel Name
Fryedaze
Vessel Make
MC 42 (Overseas Co) Monk 42
I purchased my boat on 2010 and have been searching for details on its origin. The breaker panel is labled Taiwan Overseas MC 42. The first three letters of the HIN are"TAR". I have seen a boat like it that was called a Targus 42. Others have told me it looks like a Monk design.

Any insights would be appriciated.

-- Edited by fryedaze on Sunday 22nd of January 2012 11:28:25 AM

-- Edited by fryedaze on Sunday 22nd of January 2012 11:31:27 AM

Attachments

• 2101016_2.jpg
    2101016_2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 42 monk.jpg
    42 monk.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 231
Dave
What does your paperwork say?

Dave,

If your vessel is documented or has ever been documented , you can look it up in the Federal Documentation Database. It may have the origin information in the record or you can order a abstract from the Coast Guard Documentation Office that is like a house title search, it gives the complete history if the vessel as it has been recorded by the documentation process.

You can also look up the hull ID (HIN) using the boat manufacturing database to get information on the business that issued the HIN. I have a Cheermen that was sold by Marin Yacht Sales , a business that no longer exists but it helped me trace the origin back to the shipyard that built the boat.

I have found that getting in depth details about these older trawlers uses the same process as ancestry.com. It takes time and you have to use creative means to follow the facts as they unfold.

Good luck

that handrail looks a lot like mine on my oversea's PT 35.* I've not had any luck figuring out where my boat was built.* My HIN starts with MYS.* It is my understanding "overseas" was the importer here in the US so that doesn't mean much in regards to who built it.* You have a nice looking boat.

thanks Dave.* I actually found info on the local importer who is prob the person who sold the boat to the original owner, though they are long since out of business.* The fellow that owned that place was still around as of a few years ago.** I was tempted to call and see if he remembered the boat but his number isn't published, maybe to avoid calls such as that.*
confuse.gif

Thanks all for the input. Looks like I will be a misfit without any pedigree for now. :) The interiors of the PTs are just like mine. I think there is a tie with the yard the PTs were built in.

fryedaze wrote:
Thanks all for the input. Looks like I will be a misfit without any pedigree for now. :) The interiors of the PTs are just like mine. I think there is a tie with the yard the PTs were built in.
*well she's a beauty either way!

Back
Top Bottom