Old 08-04-2018, 07:20 PM   #1

City: Ellenton, Florida
Sea Ranger model history

I was looking at a listing on Yachtworld that claims to be a 1987 56-foot Sea Ranger. However; I cannot find a 56-foot list in either NADA or BUC for Sea Ranger for 1987. I am wondering what model this boat could be or if it really is a Sea Ranger. I have done a search on line, but I cannot find a history of Sea Ranger, does anyone know where I could locate one?

byresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:20 AM   #2

City: Mt Crested Butte
Vessel Name: St Christopher
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 50ft tri-cabin
I used to have a Sea Ranger 65. Sea rangers were built from 38-72 ft first by C&L marine then later by King Yachts. I loved my Sea Ranger, one of the trait's was to have a little more beam than similar length boats for there size.
If you go to Rick Obeys (broker website) Rick Obey and Associates, leader in yacht and ship brokerage community he featured Sea Rangers in his Power boat guide that you can download for free! You should be able to match it to the photos or dimensions etc. If I can help further P.M. me . I could send you the relevant pages from this years guide I downloaded.

Martin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:33 AM   #3

City: Ellenton, Florida
I looked at his list, however, the model I am looking at Sea Ranger only built 6 of them and it is not included. I am trying to find a way to contact the company to see if they may have any history of this model, I wonder why the manufactured only 6 of them?
byresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:19 PM   #4
Guru

City: Saltspring Island
Vessel Name: Retreat
Vessel Model: C&L 44
There was a builder in Vancouver doing hull extensions in the late 80s and 90s. I saw two of his C&L 47s (Sea Ranger) that had the cockpit extended by 4 and 6 feet making 51 and 53 footers. Nice looking, more useful space, the running gear was not moved, but the owners reported no difficulties with handling.
Perhaps this was also done on larger models?