Sea Ranger model history

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

byresch

I was looking at a listing on Yachtworld that claims to be a 1987 56-foot Sea Ranger. However; I cannot find a 56-foot list in either NADA or BUC for Sea Ranger for 1987. I am wondering what model this boat could be or if it really is a Sea Ranger. I have done a search on line, but I cannot find a history of Sea Ranger, does anyone know where I could locate one?

I used to have a Sea Ranger 65. Sea rangers were built from 38-72 ft first by C&L marine then later by King Yachts. I loved my Sea Ranger, one of the trait's was to have a little more beam than similar length boats for there size.
If you go to Rick Obeys (broker website) Rick Obey and Associates, leader in yacht and ship brokerage community he featured Sea Rangers in his Power boat guide that you can download for free! You should be able to match it to the photos or dimensions etc. If I can help further P.M. me . I could send you the relevant pages from this years guide I downloaded.

I looked at his list, however, the model I am looking at Sea Ranger only built 6 of them and it is not included. I am trying to find a way to contact the company to see if they may have any history of this model, I wonder why the manufactured only 6 of them?

There was a builder in Vancouver doing hull extensions in the late 80s and 90s. I saw two of his C&L 47s (Sea Ranger) that had the cockpit extended by 4 and 6 feet making 51 and 53 footers. Nice looking, more useful space, the running gear was not moved, but the owners reported no difficulties with handling.
Perhaps this was also done on larger models?

Martin,

Would you be kind enough to post that PDF here or mail it to me? I looked at the Obey site but did not see it.

Thank you.

Dustin

Sea Ranger info

Here is the volume with Sea Ranger in it. Loved my Sea Ranger, had huge amounts of fun on her. Have attached Picture.

Attachments

• Lady Erica Port side.jpg
    Lady Erica Port side.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom