Sea Ranger 47

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Searanger 51

this is my new 1984 searanger 51

Attachments

• DSC00891.jpg
    DSC00891.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 372
China Doll

Ahoy;
We have a 47' se arnger as well and need to sell her. Would you know of anyone that would want a good boat??
Kurt and Jill
Home Page

Hi Kurt,

I saw your ad for "China Doll" on craigslist, as well as the one for "Zig Zag," up in Portland. Those Sea Rangers do appear to be very nice boats, so I decided to do more research and found this website.

You suggest in your ad that you are continuing to upgrade the boat and will be adjusting the price accordingly. What additional work do you have planned? Also, one of the pictures of the aft of the boat looks like it is listing a bit to starboard. Is this the case, or is it just the angle of the picture?

47 Sea Ranger

She listed then because we were removing fuel tanks for new ones.
Kurt

Hi Kurt,

I saw your ad for "China Doll" on craigslist, as well as the one for "Zig Zag," up in Portland. Those Sea Rangers do appear to be very nice boats, so I decided to do more research and found this website.

You suggest in your ad that you are continuing to upgrade the boat and will be adjusting the price accordingly. What additional work do you have planned? Also, one of the pictures of the aft of the boat looks like it is listing a bit to starboard. Is this the case, or is it just the angle of the picture?

Hello,

Just joined the site. Here is a picture of our 1980 Sea Ranger 47. She is currently in the Apostle Islands on Lake Superior.

Attachments

• image-2584989787.jpg
    image-2584989787.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 448
She looks lovely.... What's her configuration - it seems that no two Sea Rangers are the same - where and how did she end up in the Great Lakes, and especially, hope you will post more pictures.

Look forward to hearing more!

Koliver, may I inquire regarding your window repairs ?
Is the main threat the water that gets into and saturates the plywood inside the window walls ?
I am close to an offer on a 45 Sea Ranger sundeck and have read some articles that address this concern. Any info is appreciated, thanks and beautiful vessel ! Marty

Have you contacted Zig Zag in Portland OR? My son and I have been looking at that boat. It has done a lot of cruising in the southern Alaskan waters. It is a 1980 boat so I'm a little leary about its condition but it seems to have all the right stuf. It is listed on Yacht World. I am in the Rochester NY area and would like to see your boat some time, your convenience of course.

We have not been in touch with Ziz Zag. You are certainly welcome to come up and visit our boat... we can set up a time via a PM.

Thanks John for the compliment to "Delia Rosa".
We have only owned her for a couple of years and are still in the process of addressing some of her "flaws" (she is an older lady, built in 1985), but we have really enjoyed cruising on her. We had a wonderful trip bringing her home from New Hampshire where we purchased her.... down the Atlantic coast to New York, then up the Hudson and through the New York Canal system to Lake Ontario. We are Canadian but we keep her in Wilson New York (on Lake Ontario) during the summer.
She makes a great cruiser as well as a comfortable live aboard!

Did you remember to change your anodes over from zinc to magnesium when she got to fresh water ?

I have a 1986 47 foot Sea Ranger we pickup in Desolate Sound outside Tacoma Washington and brought her up to Seward Alaska, she has Twin Ford Leman and has been a grand lady.

David

I have a 1986 47 foot Sea Ranger we pickup in Desolate Sound outside Tacoma Washington and brought her up to Seward Alaska, she has Twin Ford Leman and has been a grand lady.

David

Well Hello David

Seward Alaska...

Is this a new to Seward boat or are you the nice guy with the Sea Ranger over on E float, E-60 or thereabouts???

I'm on F-33 Lisas Way a Bayliner 4788

Hello!

We just bought our 1986, 46' Sea Ranger Sundeck, in Rockland, Maine. We love her!! She is in very good condition for her age. Needs a few things. But, what boat doesn't?! It's really great to find this thread. Like many of you, we can't find much information regarding C&L. Thanks for sharing photos and details of your beautiful trawlers!

Here's our girl...

Attachments

• 4026706_2_20120728060852_7_0.jpg
    4026706_2_20120728060852_7_0.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 4026706_2_20120728060852_16_0.jpg
    4026706_2_20120728060852_16_0.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 190
I have one of the old Passagemaker mags, about 1998, in which a review appeared of the old Taiwan built trawlers. It is aboard my C&L 44 and I am at my house, so I can only ask you to try to find the old mag and read it for yourself. In the article, C&L are mentioned, their origins, hot competitors, etc. IIRC yours is a later design, built after they stopped building mine. Mine is 1980, so one of the later 44s.

Hello!

We just bought our 1986, 46' Sea Ranger Sundeck, in Rockland, Maine. We love her!! She is in very good condition for her age. Needs a few things. But, what boat doesn't?! It's really great to find this thread. Like many of you, we can't find much information regarding C&L. Thanks for sharing photos and details of your beautiful trawlers!

Here's our girl...

Welcome aboard very similar boat to mine

I have one of the old Passagemaker mags, about 1998, in which a review appeared of the old Taiwan built trawlers. It is aboard my C&L 44 and I am at my house, so I can only ask you to try to find the old mag and read it for yourself. In the article, C&L are mentioned, their origins, hot competitors, etc. IIRC yours is a later design, built after they stopped building mine. Mine is 1980, so one of the later 44s.

Gojumac.. If you google Passagemaker venerable trawler, you should come up with a link to a pdf of the article that koliver is referring to!

Interesting that there have been more than 16,000 views on this thread.... I've always thought that our Sea Ranger has a lot of interesting and admirable qualities....it seems that a few of Trawler Forum's members are curious!

Ahoy there gang, As it is we just bought into being caretakers of my second trawler, a 47 pilothouse Sea Ranger named Panacea. A very well care for vessel built in 86. We are live aboards and will be all moved in by December. Looking forward to hearing what's good or what needs fixin on our sisterships. Our model has a pilothouse with stairs up to flybridge and nice curved stairs to a island queen in v-berth and crews quarters with a double below and single above bunk arrangements. The PO must have had some interior decorator go through the boat because it unlike any boat I've been aboard. Once my wife saw this boat, I couldn't talk her into anything else. Well... That we could afford, anyway. Once I get some photos you'll see what I mean.

Glad to hear from another Sea Ranger owner... looking forward to photos!

She still is listed but deal is locked in. We ran into some delays over thanksgiving as it seems no one did any work all week. The waiting is killing us but we have still do much to do. Like list my old sailboat for example. Also looking for a good radio system to keep from shouting commands to my trusty first mate. I've seen some advertised in the back of Passagemaker. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Hi, Just discovered this forum. We have a 1981 47' sea Ranger PH "Summertime" which we have had for 10 years.* Great boat.* We are uaually in SC or GA waters.*

She's in the yard now for some repairs and I discovered, after all these years, that the HIN on the boat doesn't agree with that on the documentation.* The boat number starts with "BYC" and the documents with "EYC".* Can any of you confirm that "BYC" is correct?* I have to convince the CG that we didn't steal her.

I know this old, but I wondering if anyone here knows his boat. It's for sale and I want to check it out. The very little bit of information I've seen on these boats, people are really happy with them. Too bad Srnavigator hasn't been on here in some time

Any Sea Ranger 47s for sale?

Love the looks of the Sea Ranger 47 RPHs and would really like to see one in person (with the potential to purchase?). We are in Florida but could travel pretty much anywhere on the east coast or Great Lakes. Seems too daunting to try to get one from the west coast. If anyone has a line on one, please let me know!

Cheers!

Sea Ranger documents found

I recently inherited my father's 1981 39' C&L Sea Ranger Trawler. In the pass down of files and equipment, I was handed a milk crate of documents. Original papers, documents. wiring diagrams and sales literature...I'll be happy to upload what I can but the wiring and systems diagrams are large format and would need to be professionally scanned. PM me if you want me to check for any info specifically.

Attachments

• Alamar.jpg
    Alamar.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 101
Cored hull?

Been looking at a Sea Ranger. Appears to be built like a tank. A guy at the dock came over to chat and during the conversation said the Sea Rangers had cored hulls. Is he correct and if so, is this and issue to be concerned about?
Also, it has TAMD 70E Volvo’s I haven’t been able to get any info on this engine, fuel burn, etc. The boat is a early 80s model. All advice welcome.

Solid hull

Our surveyor indicated the hull was solid fiberglass but the decks are cored.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom