Norek Trawlers Information wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfr51

Hello,
I am asking for any information on the Norek Trawlers.
Specifically the Norek PT35 Trawler single Perking diesel

Any and all information appreciated....Good or Bad
Regards, Gary

If you're talking about the one for sale in SC, it appears to be an Overseas Yachts PT35. Not sure why they are calling it a "Norek". Lots of info here and other places on the web. I have the Sedan/Europa version of this boat. Had it for a couple of years and happy with it so far. No leaks or soft decks.
edit... I see on their blog they list the boat designer as John Norek which explains why they are calling it Norek.

Last edited:
I have the twin Perkins 135 NA version with sundeck and Flybridge called a Polaris in Australia. John Norek is the designer and has fitted a lot into a 35ft boat. Walkaround bed in the aft cabin with ensuite including a seperate shower,great sized galley down on ours and a generous V berth in the bow with toilet and basin and potential for a "wet" shower opposite the galley although we haven't bothered to do that. The hull is solid glass, the windows have leaked during the 33yr life of the boat which has discoloured the teak veneer insidebut with resealing and some stain on the discoularation or new veneer where necessary it still looks good. We have had ours for nearly 12 years and have stayed aboard for up to 5 months and thouroughly enjoy her.
John
Arcturus

My wife and I own a 1981 PT38 Sedan Trawler built by Cheer Men Marine. Hull was designed by Norek, not sure about the superstructure. "Wavelength" [formerly SAN-BAR] has Twin Lehman 120 engines. We cruise at 8knots @ 1800 rpm. At WOT [@2400] we can do almost 12knots but seldom do.
I'd say the quality is typical of a Taiwanese built 80's boat. Lucky for us the prior family that owned her for ~30yrs did all the right things maintenance wise. Ours has the original teak decks and fuel tanks. All in good order.
The cabin is a great layout for us, we did not want an after cabin.

email at oldchriscraft@gmail.com if you'd like more info

Back
Top Bottom