Newburyport 37'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liquid Living

I need your opinions!
There is a*1987 37' Newburyport trawler made by Hershine Marine*out there that I may be interested in. I know pictures certainly don't tell the whole story, but I love the look of this boat inside and out.* Does anyone have any information about these boats?* I read the articles on Taiwanese boats posted here.*That info*is*helpful.*This boat*has a 200 hp Perkins with 1000 hrs. on it. There have been some upgrades to the boat, but I'm not sure what to look for and what to shy away from.* Any thoughts are appreciated.

-- Edited by Liquid Living on Wednesday 22nd of December 2010 06:30:08 AM

I'm looking at a Hershine 37 as well and would love to find info on that boat. have you found any resources for information on the Hershine?
Peter

I have a 1988 Hershine double cabin Trawler. We spent the summer of 2010 getting the fuel tanks replaced. Other that that I love ours.

I have a 37' Newburyport 1987 trawler that I just bought.

My question is last night while filling the water tank, I opened the inspection hatch in the aft stateroom to check for leaks at the deck fill. I noticed that on top of the hull was a bed of sand-like substance. It appeared to have been laid in and around the seems of the cabin sole and walls. Does anyone know if this is common in these types of trawelers and if so, what was this used for? Stability, insulation or what?

Scott

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom