New trawler(maybe) owner here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Engineman3rd

Vessel Name
Just Cause
Vessel Make
Jefferson 46
Hello, I am looking at 2 Marine trader LaBelle sundeck trawlers. I have messed with boats most of my life(including the US Navy) Last boat was a Gozzard Sail boat. I have read this site and of course I want to know more.
Any education would be appreciated; the good, the bad, the ugly.

Thanks, Ken

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Well, I'm the good, most others are bad and there's some downright ugly here as well. Oh, did I mention I'm modest and un-opinionated as well?

What year of Labelles are you looking at? Keep in mind that not all Labelles are Marine Traders. Over 30 Labelles were imported before Marine Trader went to Best Way and contracted with them to build the boats for them. This happened around 1983-86 approximately.

No, still looking:ermm: There is a Albin tricabin listed on EBay in DeLand, Fl. anybody know anything about this Boat?

Sure, there is a 1981 Albin tri-cabin 49' listed on Ebay under Diesel trawler. Just got off the phone with the present owner. Says he purchased it last year on the FL. west coast. He has done his trip and now plans to motorhome it. Seem like a real nice and informed owner. The boat is now located in DeLand, Fl. near Daytona, Fl. Fuel tank replaced and Engines taken out and O/H 300 hrs ago.

Don't know how to link an Ebay site on this fourm

Greetings,
Mr E. Seems to be about a 3.5 hr. drive from you. Might be worth a look although listing is vague and sparse. Try to get some more pictures from the seller. You're aware of course of the necessity and value of a survey. Find out why the engines were rebuilt and if in fact they were rebuilt and to what extent. I've seen engines "rebuilt" with a rattle can.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom