Marine Trader 36 Sundeck Bridge Clearance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolfie

I'm looking for a boat to do a Great Loop and then as a liveaboard. MT 36 sundeck fits my living space requirements, but I'm concerned about the height of the radar arch. Certainly doesn't seem removeable or lowerable.*

Anyone know the airdraft requirement?

Anyone done a Great Loop on this boat?

We liveaboard a 1987 Marine Trader Sundeck 40'. The radar dome atop the arch is 16'6", the post with steaming light and anchor light is another foot taller. However, my arch is hinged to lower. look closely at the hardware. At first glance it looks like it is bolted down.

George in the Fl Keys

Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear. Also glad to hear you're living aboard.

You are welcome. We have been aboard fulltime for 3 years. Below is some data on Great Loop requirements (not my words.)

"Air height (height above water): You must be able to clear 19 feet 1 inch to do the Loop (the absolute limit at Chicago, with a high-water pool level), but ideally under 17 feet for the Champlain route (charted at 15-1/2 feet for flood stage) and to go thru downtown Chicago.* So, 15-1/2 to 16-1/2 feet is ideal."

Continue to monitor the Asian Carp saga in the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal. If they close the locks to stop the migration the "loop" will be severed.

George in the Florida Keys
m/v Two If By Sea

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom