Old 12-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #1

City: Clyde
Vessel Name: Lucky Find III
Vessel Model: PT -Europa Style Sedan
Magazine Articles Regarding Taiwanese Trawlers

I have found a few magazine articles that I think may be of interest to all those who own a Taiwanese Trawler.
I posted them here for your reading enjoyment.

<a href="http://www.baris.net/boat/pdf/articles.html" target="_blank" title="Tawanese Trawler Articles">Articles on Taiwanese Trawlers
</a>

Each article will open in it's own window.

-- Edited by albaris on Monday 13th of December 2010 08:26:08 PM
albaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #2

City: Wilmington, N.C.
Vessel Name: Donnchaidh
Vessel Model: Marine Trader 40' sedan
RE: Magazine Articles Regarding Taiwanese Trawlers

** Thank you for the articles. I really enjoyed them as many of the issues were spot on. I have a Marine Trader 40' sedan which I have owner for 23 years and am still in love with. Thanks again, J.T.
awpptdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
KJ
El Capitan

City: North Myrtle Beach, SC
Vessel Name: Avalon
Vessel Model: Chung Hwa 46 LRC

Thanks for the info.* Great articles.* I am in the market for a boat and every time I see a MT or CHB that I like, Iread another article about the prevalent leakage problems, and possible structural integrity problems (decks and housing).*
But* you know what?**I*can't afford a GB, a Krogen, or a Nordhavn, so it looks like*I will have to "settle" for a "Taiwan Trawler".**
I know what configurations I want,* also I know pretty much what*I don't want.* There are so many boats out there*for sale right now that you gotta figure a couple of them should be in fairly good shape (minimum leakage problems, hopefully none).* I will have to*rely on very close inspection and a*very, very knowledgeable surveyor working for me.** KJ**
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #4

Paraphrasing a bit of Asian wisdom: When the student is ready, the article will appear.

Just what I needed and just when I needed it - THANKS!

Of course, this will probably lead to further questions that I'll bug the folks on this board about. . .

Nothing like some good reading material on a cold, snowy Chicago night!

Jeff Wolf
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

City: San Jose, CA
Vessel Name: Pineapple Girl 3
Vessel Model: Silverton 38c

wow thanks so much.* "Overseas Yachts" was the DISTRIBUTOR so maybe my PT 35 really was built by Chung Hwa!* It is always interesting to learn more about our PT!
Pineapple Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #6

City: Clyde
Vessel Name: Lucky Find III
Vessel Model: PT -Europa Style Sedan

You are all welcome...I'm glad many of you are finding these articles useful....Enjoy..

Merry Christmas, Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year to all!!

Happy Holidays!!!
albaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #7

City: St. Catharines
Vessel Name: Delia Rosa
Vessel Model: C & L Sea Ranger 47 Raised Pilothouse

I really enjoyed reading the articles. *We own a 1985 C & L Sea Ranger 47 PH purchased a couple of years ago. *We spent quite a while looking for a trawler like her. *We love her wide side decks and raised pilothouse and especially the interior staircase to the flybridge. * Like all older boats, she still needs additional TLC, but we are working to improve her flaws and enjoying cruising on her as well. *We would love to hear from other Sea Rangers owners.
We have also been trying to research Sea Rangers with not much success. *One of the articles you posted written by Robert M Lane actually mentioned the shipyard C & L as being one of the better yards, so that is good news. *If you have any additional info, I would love to hear more!

Thanks again for a good read.
Susan and Dan
Delia Rosa is offline   Reply With Quote