Magazine Articles Regarding Taiwanese Trawlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

albaris

Vessel Name
Lucky Find III
Vessel Make
PT -Europa Style Sedan
I have found a few magazine articles that I think may be of interest to all those who own a Taiwanese Trawler.
I posted them here for your reading enjoyment.

<a href="http://www.baris.net/boat/pdf/articles.html" target="_blank" title="Tawanese Trawler Articles">Articles on Taiwanese Trawlers
</a>

Each article will open in it's own window.

-- Edited by albaris on Monday 13th of December 2010 08:26:08 PM

** Thank you for the articles. I really enjoyed them as many of the issues were spot on. I have a Marine Trader 40' sedan which I have owner for 23 years and am still in love with. Thanks again, J.T.

Thanks for the info.* Great articles.* I am in the market for a boat and every time I see a MT or CHB that I like, Iread another article about the prevalent leakage problems, and possible structural integrity problems (decks and housing).*
But* you know what?**I*can't afford a GB, a Krogen, or a Nordhavn, so it looks like*I will have to "settle" for a "Taiwan Trawler".**
I know what configurations I want,* also I know pretty much what*I don't want.* There are so many boats out there*for sale right now that you gotta figure a couple of them should be in fairly good shape (minimum leakage problems, hopefully none).* I will have to*rely on very close inspection and a*very, very knowledgeable surveyor working for me.** KJ**

Paraphrasing a bit of Asian wisdom: When the student is ready, the article will appear.

Just what I needed and just when I needed it - THANKS!

Of course, this will probably lead to further questions that I'll bug the folks on this board about. . .

Nothing like some good reading material on a cold, snowy Chicago night!

Jeff Wolf

wow thanks so much.* "Overseas Yachts" was the DISTRIBUTOR so maybe my PT 35 really was built by Chung Hwa!* It is always interesting to learn more about our PT!

You are all welcome...I'm glad many of you are finding these articles useful....Enjoy..

Merry Christmas, Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year to all!!

Happy Holidays!!!

I really enjoyed reading the articles. *We own a 1985 C & L Sea Ranger 47 PH purchased a couple of years ago. *We spent quite a while looking for a trawler like her. *We love her wide side decks and raised pilothouse and especially the interior staircase to the flybridge. * Like all older boats, she still needs additional TLC, but we are working to improve her flaws and enjoying cruising on her as well. *We would love to hear from other Sea Rangers owners.
We have also been trying to research Sea Rangers with not much success. *One of the articles you posted written by Robert M Lane actually mentioned the shipyard C & L as being one of the better yards, so that is good news. *If you have any additional info, I would love to hear more!

Thanks again for a good read.
Susan and Dan

Back
Top Bottom