Jefferson 42

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Rondalw1,
BTW, in your survey, it mentioned pitting on the prop shafts. Do you still have the pickup brushes on the shafts or did they get removed by the PO?
Here's an old shot of my messy coupling before cleanup. It has some pits around the brush area.

Attachments

• IMG_20180224_130327 (2).jpg
    IMG_20180224_130327 (2).jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 61
Yes the brushes were gone. I am putting her into dry dock next month to have the shafts replaced as well as the thru hull work.

Can you send me pic of the cover for the Jefferson manual you have?

The strut that holds the prop shaft is rather different on the CHB versus the Jefferson.

The CHB has a longer double leg one that extend down from the hull at some distance.
The Jefferson not so much. It is a single shorter support.

Either the hull is different in that area (Because above water they are very very similar)
The angle of the engine and shaft are different
Or there is some other aspect that I am not aware of.

Can't tell from the pic but my guess is the engine angle is different. I have the 275SP Lehmans. The keel looks the same.

DD788 I sent you a private message.

Can you send me pic of the cover for the Jefferson manual you have?
Sure, when I get down to the boat tonight, It's ~2 hrs from my house.
It was in a blue 3" ring binder and had pretty general stuff. I had posted the breaker panel schematics (as little as they are) to you in the Schematics thread back on 5/6.

Schematics

dp....I have the copy of electrical. I had it laminated.

I think with all the interest in the Jefferson's they should have their own thread.

Manual

dp I do not have that one. I am going to Kinkos this week and can mail schematics to you. Please PM with address and phone number for shipping.

dp I do not have that one. I am going to Kinkos this week and can mail schematics to you. Please PM with address and phone number for shipping.
Did you want me to scan and send to you to add to your collection?

If you don't mind, can you email me a copy of that manual. I also do not have one.
Thanks.

If you don't mind, can you email me a copy of that manual. I also do not have one.
Thanks.
Sure, I'll be down to the boat again this weekend. I should probably put it over in the library. I just saw the Perkin's manuals there.

I think we need to ask the MODS to make one. Be nice to be able to just post for our Jeffs. I have lots of builders original plans and original documents fore when mine was built and splashed in 1989.

Hey folks been neglectful in responding. Anyway, anyone that would like a copy of the Electrical Schematics for 1989 Jefferson Sundeck please PM me with shipping info. I am having them copied, laminated and rolled and tubed.

Sorry, scan and email not an option for me as I would need extra large scanner and the download would take forever.

I will also be posting the other original diagrams I have.

What size are the pages?
I have access to a scanner that will do legal sized pages and may be just a bit bigger than that.

Shematics

These are full blown blue print size. Reducing them will really make it so they would be hard to read.

Thanks Rondalw1,
I have an "E" size (36" x 48") plotter at work that has a scanner. I haven't used that mode but I'll see if it can do anything with them when I get them.
Thanks for your efforts.

I checked and the largest size I can scan is 11" X 17"
Once scanned it would be saved as a pdf.

I am not familiar with blue prints and it was not stated what exactly that size might be. So I asked my friend Google. The reply was 18" x 24" or 24" x 36".

I might be able to squeeze in 12" but 18 or 24 is larger than I can scan.

Last edited:
Schematics

I am going to have some copied Saturday so if anyone would like them, cost of copying and shipping. If I can have kinkos scan them to thumb drive I might be able to post one at a time.

Hi Rondalw1,
Thanks for all your efforts. They will be a great help. I forgot to ask, did the PO have the blue prints or how did you find them?
Thanks

Plans

Yes, the boat had two owners. The original owner bought straight from Jefferson and he handed down all original books, schematics and even final yard pinch list.

Not all written in English but the important stuff is.

Hi Rondalw1,
I always wanted to learn Chinese! Or I guess it's Taiwanese to be politically correct!
BTW, How's your work going? Splash yet?
Thanks

We are in the water but coming out end of June for more upgrades.

Hi Rondalw1,
Did you see the thread "MS 34 Trawler broaching"? I wonder if it would be worth pricing enlarging the Jefferson rudder some (weld/braze some brass) and what shape it should be while you are out. Maybe just a couple strips fore and aft of the post to balance load? Last year I noticed the same problem with following seas and stern winds. We have so much windage with the dinghy, sundeck and canvas. The thread got me thinking about next haul.

Attachments

• HPIM5428.jpg
    HPIM5428.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20180106_141353.jpg
    IMG_20180106_141353.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 47
Rudder

Hi Rondalw1,
Did you see the thread "MS 34 Trawler broaching"? I wonder if it would be worth pricing enlarging the Jefferson rudder some (weld/braze some brass) and what shape it should be while you are out. Maybe just a couple strips fore and aft of the post to balance load? Last year I noticed the same problem with following seas and stern winds. We have so much windage with the dinghy, sundeck and canvas. The thread got me thinking about next haul.

I will check it out.

Hi Rondalw1,
4 bladed props.

Back
Top Bottom