How much does it weigh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motion30

Guru
I need to know app how much my 44' chung wha seamaster weighs It has twin cat diesels I have seen numbers all over the place from 26000lbs to 45000lbs ???

My 38' Fu Wha with single weighs 24500 lbs. According to the spec sheet. I would think your well over 26K.

Pokey
thanks I was trying to find the weight to choose a prop on the prop calculater . I used 40000lb , the props Suggested by the calculater on boat diesel seemed to work out well

Check the coast guard documentation website and see what is listed.

USCG documented tonnage bears no relationship to real weight.

If you search Yachtworld, owners will usually list what the builder gives as the boat's light or dry weight. Add fuel, water, waste, gear and a bit more for builder optimism to get real weight.

My guess is 40,000 lbs or more.

David

This is a volume measurement of how big the hull is.

Check with the boat yard where you last hauled. Many Travel Lifts have a weight scale and many yards keep track of the actual weight for future reference.
You can aslo call around to boat yards and ask the price for a quick haul to just get the weight, just a lift and a splash.

This is a volume measurement of how big the hull is.

That's right. Coincidentally, however, the Coot is shown as having 15 gross tonnage in the USCG documented boat registry (using the "simplified" calculation method) and having an empty weight per the builder of 14 tons, emphasizing coincidentally. Nevertheless, the builder's weight isn't the actual weight since the individual boat isn't weighed. It's only a general estimate because there are variations of equipment, etcetera.

Our warships are measured in tons of displacement (weight) while civilian ships are measured by volume expressed in tonnage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom