Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-20-2015, 10:09 AM   #1
Newbie
 
City: near flint,mi
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3
Fu Hwa Construction/trawlers

Hello, I am looking for a Asian Company named Fu Hwa or Fu Hwa Hong. I understand they presently make trawlers,or have made them in the past. I have seen some posts to that effect. Anyone who knows of this Company please post here.Thank you.
__________________
Advertisement

Rmankty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:54 AM   #2
Guru
 
City: Satsuma FL
Country: United States
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,681
The Fu Hwa boatyard is no longer in business. Fu Hwa, Chung Hwa and Chien Hwa were a three boat group owned by Y. F. Lee. Only Chung Hwa (also known as CHB) survived.
__________________

Donsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:06 AM   #3
Newbie
 
City: near flint,mi
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3
Thank you very much for information and quick reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsan View Post
The Fu Hwa boatyard is no longer in business. Fu Hwa, Chung Hwa and Chien Hwa were a three boat group owned by Y. F. Lee. Only Chung Hwa (also known as CHB) survived.
Do you happen to know,or have links to someone who may know the history of The Fu Hwa boatyard? I am doing research on a company known as FU HWA HONG a company involved in breaking-up ships in Hong Kong during ,at least, the year 1950. I am wondering if these companies were related? I am doing personal family research,my father was assigned to a vessel during WW2 that was sold after the war and broken-up in 1950 by this Company. I would like to find any "particulars" or details about this Company or this vessel SS Camden/SSComet/USATComet/Wansu/Ya Sung(all the same ship).Thank you very much for your assistance!
Rmankty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:24 AM   #4
Guru
 
City: Satsuma FL
Country: United States
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,681
The Fu Hwa I am familiar with was located near Taipei, Taiwan. I have not been able to locate much information on the company other than they made boats for Kadey Krogen and others in addition to their own label. My suspicion is they started out making fishing boats for the Japanese and then branched out into trawlers then got closed in the late 80's due to currency revaluations.

I am not aware of the Fu Hwa Hong of which you seek.
Donsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:30 AM   #5
Newbie
 
City: near flint,mi
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3
Thank you again,very much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsan View Post
The Fu Hwa I am familiar with was located near Taipei, Taiwan. I have not been able to locate much information on the company other than they made boats for Kadey Krogen and others in addition to their own label. My suspicion is they started out making fishing boats for the Japanese and then branched out into trawlers then got closed in the late 80's due to currency revaluations.

I am not aware of the Fu Hwa Hong of which you seek.
I have contacted libraries in Hong Kong and Taiwan to obtain reference material. I have contacted historical societies in Shanghai,and Hong Kong as well, so far,no one has been able to respond with anything. I dont know if that is due to poor record keeping or what. Thank you again. Let me ask you this,is Fu Hwa a common name(s)?
Rmankty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #6
Guru
 
City: Satsuma FL
Country: United States
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,681
Common name? Not that I am aware of. Fu is a letter in the Japanese Katakana alphabet and I assume also Chinese phonetic letter. I am clueless what Hwa means or stands for.
Donsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:38 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
SteveH's Avatar
 
City: Western WA
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 110
Could FuHua Shipbuilding in Ningbo China be what you're looking for?

Ningbo FuHua Shipbuilding Industry Co., Ltd.
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member
 
Ruthless's Avatar
 
City: Kent Narrows, MD
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Doctail
Vessel Model: Fu Hwa 42
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmankty View Post
Hello, I am looking for a Asian Company named Fu Hwa or Fu Hwa Hong. I understand they presently make trawlers,or have made them in the past. I have seen some posts to that effect. Anyone who knows of this Company please post here.Thank you.
We have a 42 FuHwa, 1986. They were building boats in Taiwan in the 70's and 80's and exporting them to the US as Nova Sundeck, or Marine Trader. If you bought them direct from Taiwan as ours was, it stayed registered with that name.
__________________

Ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012