Engine Room Ventilation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave_E

Vessel Name
Agnus Dei
Vessel Make
36' Shin Shing
Hi All,

I have a switch for engine room fan, but the PO said there isn't a fan. I'm trying to visualize where the ducting would exit the below decks because I haven't seen anything. Do any of you have an exhaust fan and if so, where does it exit the boat?

Dave

Last edited:
On mine I have two blowers (one each side) that push air in and two that suck air out. One each kind on port and starboard.

The two types are controlled by switches on the panel. And they are LOUD.

I have a switched blower that forces air into the engine room. It is ducted to provide an outside air source. The air is then vented out through the built-in engine room vents that are in place within the engine room. The blower is pretty strong, by the way.

Our last three boats, all diesel, have had engine room blowers. Hobo has a Jabsco. https://www.westmarine.com/buy/jabs...MIzv-9y-X_1QIVVi-BCh2jUAaZEAYYBCABEgLXc_D_BwE

We primarily use it to get rid of the heat after running. All three boats sucked the air out.

Where are the vents? Look in the engine room and/or look for the engine room air intakes. Diesel can use a lot of air. You may find the power leads for the switch you've identified in the engine room by the vents.

Back
Top Bottom