Cheer Men PT-38 & PT-42 Sundeck Owners Guide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tonic

Vessel Name
Tonic
Vessel Make
1987 Cheer Men Marine PT42
Ed Bruette kindly sent me copies of an owners guide that he had.* I did an OCR conversion to Word and back to PDF which cleaned it up and greatly reduced the file size.* There are sections missing (which I would like to add if anyone has them) but, for now, you can find the Cheer Men Marine PT-38 Sundeck and PT-42 Sundeck with Cockpit Owners Guide at the following link...*

http://prwebworks.com/PT38-42%20Owners%20Guide.pdf

(I've also posted this in the classified section as there was a related topic)

werners wrote:
Are these boats related to the PT 35 designed by John Norek?
yes the boats are different version /sizes of essentially the same boat.* To my understanding at least...

I have the PT-42 Europa manual that I hope to scan and post soon. The boat was also designed by John Norek.

Thanks for the manual, we are new owners of a 38 P T, previous owner too ill to help us with a check out, we need all the help we can get !!
smile.gif

I hope to acquire a PT 42 within the next 30 days. Thanks for the owner's manual that you posted. Are there any documents on the specs for the PT 42?

Does anyone know if the same hull was used for the PT38 Europa Sedan as the sundeck model?

This is awesome. We always thought that there were 400 gal. fuel tanks, but this opened our eyes to the fact there's "only" 310 gals. Would you happen to know on Page 2, the "performance" numbers: is this referring to approx GPH of fuel consumption? We've been trying to calculate that, since there are no fuel gauges on the boat. Thanks.

Love to find something like this for the PT-52...

This is awesome. We always thought that there were 400 gal. fuel tanks, but this opened our eyes to the fact there's "only" 310 gals. Would you happen to know on Page 2, the "performance" numbers: is this referring to approx GPH of fuel consumption? We've been trying to calculate that, since there are no fuel gauges on the boat. Thanks.
I'm 99% certain that the two numbers in each column are cruise and maximum speed with the particular engines, so no, not GPH.

Have Clear Image in Long Beach, CA

I am now an Overseas PT 42 owner. Thanks for all the info and data on the boat. It helped in getting the purchase completed and now is assisting me in getting the boat back into shape.
My first two unexpected operating problems happened two months apart, but were essentially the same failure. Within a week of having the boat, the starboard engine exhaust pipe broke at the weld joint on the last 90 degree elbow. Corrosion at the weld appears to be what caused the break. The pipe looks to be original and over 28 years, it simply broke. Had it cleaned and rewelded. Seems to be holding up well.
Just 10 weeks later, the port engine exhaust pipe failed at the exact same spot--weld joint on the last 90 degree elbow. Have now had it rewelded.
Did not see either problem developing. Each pipe was wrapped in exhaust tape to insulate the pipe.
But, will soon test the engine again soon.
I did remove the mechanical fuel injectors. Took them to a company that cleans and refurbishes fuel injectors. They have been in business since 1986. Got a call from them, they could not identify the injector with their reference books and did not have the flow specs to check fuel flow. So I have them back to soak, clean and reinstall in the engine.
looking forward to my next day on the water--under power.

My Hull Identification Number (HIN) on the transom of my 1985 PT35 Sundeck begins with the letters "OYE" which is for "Overseas Yachts East" who was the builder in Taiwan. Up to what year were PT's built by Cheer Men? What years were PT's built by OYE?
I believe that the PT's were eventually being built in China.
Has anyone ever been able to contact the designer John Norek?

I'm in the market for a 41' PT sedan model if anyone knows of one available on the east coast.

Pt 41

Found a PT41 on Boattrader.com. located in Maine for 25K. Looks like she will need some rehab. You might also consider a PT38

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom