Old 01-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #21
Guru

City: Everett, WA
Vessel Name: Honey Badger
Vessel Model: 42' CHB Europa
CHB "Modern Trawler" 42 King Sedan (Europa)

When comparing a Modern Boat Corporation 42 Europa to many of the others, I've found the easiest to spot "major" difference is in the number of risers that are in the walk-around.* Mine (a Modern 42) has three...* and many of the CHB's I'm seeing have only two.

It's hard to explain sutble differences, but I'm trying to find out more about our 42 Modern Europa.* (is it a true CHB?)

*Mine:

Another like mine:

And one in Australia...

*Here's a Marine Trader 42:

A CHB Europa 42 (Only 2 risers)

And another:

-- Edited by SomeSailor on Sunday 26th of February 2012 09:13:49 AM

-- Edited by SomeSailor on Sunday 26th of February 2012 09:14:22 AM

-- Edited by SomeSailor on Sunday 26th of February 2012 09:15:31 AM

SomeSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #22

City: Port Huron
Vessel Name: enchantress
Vessel Model: CHB 42
chb

I purchased a 42 chb about the same time you got yours. As you can tell, many chb owners have the same issue. I would love to see more photos and if possible get a copy of the blue prints and sales items you recieved with your boat. I had to make some upper deck repairs which required replacing half the upper deck and all 4 supports. She is sound now and a great boat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by somesailor View Post
hi all;

first post... We just got a fantastic deal on a 42' europa trawler and i'm having some difficulty finding out more about her and her pedigree.* i know this is difficult on many of these, but she is a 42 chb that was marketed as a "modern trawler 42" and although i have all the blueprints and design drawings, owners manual and other sales brochures, i'm not able to find anything about a "modern trawler" line or a "king sedan" as the boats paperwork describes.

Also... The hin indicates a chb, but we have been unable to locate the hin in the usual places on the boat.* any hints on where folks have found them?

drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #23
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
Try CHB : CHB boat owners and interested parties

The CHB group is very activing in the Puget Sound.
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #24
Veteran Member

City: Port Washington,NY
Vessel Name: Sweet Chariot
Vessel Model: Present 42
We have no info on the blueprints or systems installed on the boat. The po has every manual and great records additions. However; the fuel, electrical, water, MSD ventilation systems , and more are a seek and find mission. Do you have any info or possibly a site.

Hope you can help, many thanks
Chris
Chris and Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #25
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeSailor View Post
When comparing a Modern Boat Corporation 42 Europa to many of the others, I've found the easiest to spot "major" difference is in the number of risers that are in the walk-around.* Mine (a Modern 42) has three...* and many of the CHB's I'm seeing have only two.

I checked the Chubby archive and found a four riser 42' that looks as if it could have been in the same harbor as one of the above.

healhustler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #26
Guru

Very close. Some other small differences though. The lack of teak on the foredeck, no Samson post or teak hand rail along the foredeck. It does have the doors on both prot and stbd side, which I've only found on mine so far.

Funny how similar, and yet still different. Any idea what model that one is?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #27
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeSailor View Post
. Funny how similar, and yet still different. Any idea what model that one is?
Just pulling your chain, SS. The four riser probably doesn't exist. It's just a Photo-Shop knock-off for a guy who's deck was sagging in the middle, and wanted to see how it would look with two (vs. one) riser in the center. Yards and fabricators slide me a few bucks to do a mock-up for the customer when the costs are over 10K or so. I used your photo of the Australian boat above for the conversion.
healhustler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #28
Guru

Too funny. I have a CHB 45 Europa two slips over that has two risers. I think for that much deck, I'd prefer the three, but I think four would be too much.

Mine is most similar to the layout of an early Marine Trader 42 Europa (three risers).