48 offshore yacthfisher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carmel

I have just purchased a 1986 , I have found that the boat handles very well in heavy seas . when I'm in autopilot the rutters seem to move just a little bit to port or starboard. any ideas . and does anybody know how many of these were built .

Congratulations! Post some pics in the owners pics thread. As to your other questions, maybe only a little movement is needed? Try to manually bring the rudders hard over using the dodge command on your AP to test the system.

carmel wrote:
I have just purchased a 1986 , I have found that the boat handles very well in heavy seas . when I'm in autopilot the rutters seem to move just a little bit to port or starboard. any ideas . and does anybody know how many of these were built .
* * * * I had hull number 1 of the OffShore 48 YF. At that time the boat was officially called the Crealock 48 YF. (Offshore bought the company later) The boat had twin 200hp Perkins in it and cruised at 10 knots. V births in the bow and one hell of a nice aft cabin with a door to the cockpit. The ride was exceptional as are all OffShores. (Softest ride on the water!)

I had no auto pilot at the time so I can't comment on that but I will tell you that it is one hell of a good boat! All Bill Crealock's designs were exceptional. Some say that the 37' Crealock sail boat was the best 37 ever designed.

Attachments

• img_2470.jpg
    img_2470.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 130
Daddyo thank you
Sea horse we just love this boat , all teak with cummings triple nickel 2000 hrs and seems to run great. living quarters are great and handeling is unbelievable .
will get some pictures and post . it looks just like yours .

Back
Top Bottom