41 Roughwater Pantry Window Leaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

convair

We are new owners of a 1979*41 Roughwater called Tom-Cat and are having a tough time tracking down the source of rain water in the pantry and the head both leaks seem to be caused by the same window design used on both sides

-- Edited by convair on Friday 3rd of December 2010 11:16:31 PM

Attachments

• vacation 2010 fuji 155.jpg
    vacation 2010 fuji 155.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 223
We*live on *a 58 RW.* You might wan to try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RoughwaterBoats/

The sliding windows tend to leak.* I*took out the windows, and replaced the felt rubber*track.* The drain holes on both end are small and tend to*plug.* So *make sure the track and the drain is clear.* I put plex*a glass of the windows in the winter to keep the rain off.* *I am not sure*the structure*of the 41 windows, but if do not get any help on the RW site.* Let me know.

The CHB owner site might be better as many of the Roughwater where built in the CHB yard.* http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CHB/

They let me join!* I been to several of the cruises.* CHB and RW are sort of related and similar in mfg dure that time.*

-- Edited by Phil Fill on Monday 6th of December 2010 11:46:14 AM

Very nice boat BTW!!!!

Have not been able to fix the pantry window leak and plan on replacing the window in the spring. I was successful in tracking down another leak. The rear cabin has leaked at the aft outboard corners. I managed to trace this down to the rear rail stauchons where they are bolted down into the teak deck. They will have to be lifted and resealed as soon as the weather dries out here in Vancouver. The only problem here is that the fastners appear to be nuts and bolts and are encased in structure. Has any one tackled this area before?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom