Old 10-30-2018, 06:10 PM   #21
Guru

City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by salishpaddler View Post

ASD, have you ever given any thought to adding stabilizers? Do you have a clothes washer installed?

Cruisair reverse cycle AC on this boat would suggest it came from southern California. My rep says they're entirely adequate for the PNW.

Would love to stick one of these in the cockpit or salon for those chilly nights in the slip or at anchor.
No stabs. I have learned to wait out the weather. I am only exposed in 2-3 places, so I don't need them. I have found out that if I have beam seas I lower both my hugh trim tabs and that seems to take some of the bite out of it.

Yes I do have a washer/dryer. I installed myself. I had to run electrical, plumbing, vent and tie into the drain pipe. It is located in the closet on the stbd side.

I have two reverse air units. The aft is 12K BTU and the compressor is currently being replaced. The fwd unit is 9K BTUs. They will cook you out or turn the boat into a meat locker.

I would not advise installing a wood stove. You would have to run a chimney and get black soot all over. I use a buddy heater to warm my sundeck in the winter when I am back there.

Good luck in your search.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3209.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	82405  

Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:09 PM   #22
Veteran Member

City: San Antonio
Seems like Splendide is the brand of choice!

salishpaddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #23
Veteran Member

My purchase of the Camargue 48 in Everett WA blew up because the broker felt insulted by my contingencies and refused to proceed, so I'm in the market for another whose broker/owner isn't so thin-skinned. I might add, that particular boat is still there in its slip as inclement weather sets in, and the broker has provided no evidence that he's concerned about selling it, after some 18 months representing it.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:53 PM   #24
Guru

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Did the broker present the offer to the owner? I was under the impression that they had a duty to present all offers. Or is the broker the owner? Just looked at the listing online, looks like a nice boat, too bad.
Comodave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:48 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comodave View Post
Did the broker present the offer to the owner? I was under the impression that they had a duty to present all offers. Or is the broker the owner? Just looked at the listing online, looks like a nice boat, too bad.
The P&S Agreement had already been approved by all parties. The only thing remaining was final signatures and addendum page, on which I wrote my contingencies. AFAIK, the seller broker presented the contingencies and recommended not proceeding as he obviously believed them to be unreasonable. My new broker believes it's fruitless to continue to pursue it, as there must be some reason this boat remains unsold after 18 months in a seller's market and another will come along if I'm patient.

My key contingencies for a boat advertised as Bristol were removing seagull stains from the canvas, my intention that the survey would include a mechanic to conduct an in-depth examination of the diesel engines, since one had apparently melted down and was replaced, resulting in a 1500 hour discrepancy between the two CAT 3208TA engines; an examination of all maintenance records, operator manuals and logs, expectation that all scheduled maintenance was documented and up-to-date; complete cycling of all systems, including galley appliances; sea trial that would test all machinery to its limits at WOT. That was apparently more than they were willing to do.

Curiously, the broker's advertisement later deleted the photo that displayed the seagull's contributions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1597 2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	83020  
Old 11-25-2018, 08:52 PM   #26
Guru

City: Port Angeles, WA
Vessel Name: Irene
Your contingencies seem very reasonable and quite prudent. Glad you have a new broker.

The effort they put in to the current listing tells a story by itself.

Best Wishes
Old 11-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #27
Guru

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
That may well be the reason it has been for sale for a year and a half. Washing the boat and having basically a survey done isnít much to ask if you really want to sell the boat.
Comodave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:26 PM   #28
Guru

Good Luck in your search!!!
Old 11-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Sea-Duction View Post
Good Luck in your search!!!
Just sell yours to me and I'll be all set!
Old 11-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #30
Guru

Quote:
Just sell yours to me and I'll be all set!
LOL You couldn't afford ASD.....
Old 05-14-2019, 07:11 PM   #31
Glo

City: Vancouver
Hi. ..... Glo here as in, Ralph and Glo. We own the 89 Camargue and got her in Blaine, Wa. We are currently moored in Vancouver, Wa.
😄
Glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:57 PM   #32
Guru

City: Northport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glo View Post
Hi. ..... Glo here as in, Ralph and Glo. We own the 89 Camargue and got her in Blaine, Wa. We are currently moored in Vancouver, Wa.
😄
Did yo just buy it?
Congratulation if you did it looks like a great boat all around - enjoy the cruising !!
smitty477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:32 PM   #33
Guru

Congrats from a 1986 Camargue on its way to Alaska for the 3rd time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4640.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	88628  
Old 05-18-2019, 04:25 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Nope, didn't buy it. It finally sold to another forum member this week for far less than I had earlier agreed to pay but the brokers put the buyer through the wringer aside from the broker himself slamming the boat against the dock more than once. Confirmed every negative comment I made about that brokerage. But it seems he got a good boat when all was said and done and congratulations to him! He might chime in and add his perspective.

There's a gorgeous Camargue 42 I would love to buy and the owner is eager to sell, but it's in southern Florida Atlantic coast and I need one in the Seattle area. Shipping expenses and the prospect of damage are just too daunting. Someone local can get a great boat.

Still looking. I missed a Symbol 43 CPMY with a pair of Iveco engines in Bellingham that went for the $80K ask. A bargain.

Exceedingly difficult to be on top of it as an absentee buyer. I have a slip that wants a boat.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:26 PM   #35
Guru

Quote:
Nope, didn't buy it. It finally sold to another forum member this week for far less than I had earlier agreed to pay but the brokers put the buyer through the wringer aside from the broker himself slamming the boat against the dock more than once. Confirmed every negative comment I made about that brokerage. But it seems he got a good boat when all was said and done and congratulations to him! He might chime in and add his perspective.

There's a gorgeous Camargue 42 I would love to buy and the owner is eager to sell, but it's in southern Florida Atlantic coast and I need one in the Seattle area. Shipping expenses and the prospect of damage are just too daunting. Someone local can get a great boat.

Still looking. I missed a Symbol 43 CPMY with a pair of Iveco engines in Bellingham that went for the $80K ask. A bargain.

Exceedingly difficult to be on top of it as an absentee buyer. I have a slip that wants a boat.
So you still do not own a boat and your still bad mouthing other boats and other folks.
PS - if you read the posts he actually already did chime in.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:31 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Smitty, Your post appeared in my email. I did you the courtesy of replying to your question, as I believed you were asking me if I had bought it. If not, my mistake. If that was the case, a mere reply from you that I had misdirected would have been sufficient, but that wasn't good enough for you. Note, until I replied to your 5/14 post, I hadn't posted on this topic or visited this thread since 11/26. So exactly what's your beef? If you didn't want a reply, you shouldn't have inquired, because I had moved on. Why haven't you? I believe you could learn a thing or two about courtesy.

BTW, I started this thread and I see no posts from the gentleman who actually bought the boat. So if he chimed in, it was apparently on another thread. Badmouthing other boats and other folks? My earlier comments were borne out. I'm glad they corrected deficiencies and that he's pleased with his purchase.

Still have no boat? Maybe I'm just more discriminating than you. Or did you fail to read "absentee buyer"? And since you're on the east coast, I sincerely doubt you're all that familiar with the market in the PNW or the brokerages.

Don't bother to reply. I've invoked my Ignore list and you have pride of place as the sole name on that list.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:54 AM   #37
Guru

Quote:
Smitty, Your post appeared in my email. I did you the courtesy of replying to your question, as I believed you were asking me if I had bought it. If not, my mistake. If that was the case, a mere reply from you that I had misdirected would have been sufficient, but that wasn't good enough for you. Note, until I replied to your 5/14 post, I hadn't posted on this topic or visited this thread since 11/26. So exactly what's your beef? If you didn't want a reply, you shouldn't have inquired, because I had moved on. Why haven't you? I believe you could learn a thing or two about courtesy.

BTW, I started this thread and I see no posts from the gentleman who actually bought the boat. So if he chimed in, it was apparently on another thread. Badmouthing other boats and other folks? My earlier comments were borne out. I'm glad they corrected deficiencies and that he's pleased with his purchase.

Still have no boat? Maybe I'm just more discriminating than you. Or did you fail to read "absentee buyer"? And since you're on the east coast, I sincerely doubt you're all that familiar with the market in the PNW or the brokerages.

Don't bother to reply. I've invoked my Ignore list and you have pride of place as the sole name on that list.

'as I believed you were asking me if I had bought it. If not, my mistake. "
My post above was directed at the member "Glo" who was quoted in my response. I cannot see how that would not be clear.

"If you didn't want a reply, you shouldn't have inquired,"
I did not inquire from you.

"So if he chimed in, it was apparently on another thread."
It is in the thread above.

"Badmouthing other boats and other folks? My earlier comments were borne out."
The listing broker, owner, and your buying broker have all been
alienated by your behavior - its easy to just contact them and ask.
Badmouthing the boat about potential major issues and then seeing these issues as minor and easily corrected can be a learning experience Ö or maybe not.

"Don't bother to reply. I've invoked my Ignore list and you have pride of place as the sole name on that list"
I have learned a lot by listening over the years - but I have learned nothing when I am speaking. Keep alienating broker and owners and it is not likely you will ever find a 'suitable' boat.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:33 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Well, sorry, Smitty, I unignored you out of curiosity, and I'm glad I did. Here are some facts for you. To clear up your confusion.

FACT: There are at least two 1989 Camargues in PNW. One apparently bought in Blaine and the Camargue 48 that I had considered last year and was finally purchased in Everett this month at a significantly reduced price.

FACT: The Everett Camargue selling owner had corrected a number of deficiencies in the meantime.

FACT: The new owner and I have had numerous conversations about the boat and brokerage, before and after his purchase. He confirmed my public comments about the broker. He bought it in spite of the broker, not because of him. The broker showed up for the sea trial almost two hours late with no excuse and proceeded to bang the boat into the dock more than once while departing because he didn't know how to operate the bow thruster. He was days late in finalizing the closing documents, again with no excuse.

FACT: This broker has been the subject of numerous complaints from other customers.

FACT: Two different boats. Two different owners.

FACT: The new owner of the Camargue 48 in Everett has not posted on this thread. I'm happy it worked out for him.

FACT: The only broker I've alienated is the one noted in this post.

FACT: The only owner I've alienated is you, and that's no loss from where I stand. In the forums in which I participate, I enjoy the conversations, information, give and take, good humor and courtesy of other participants and I respond in kind. The sole exception is you, on this thread. So maybe you should look in the mirror before casting stones at others.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:29 AM   #39
Guru

Quote:
Well, sorry, Smitty, I unignored you out of curiosity, and I'm glad I did. Here are some facts for you. To clear up your confusion.

FACT: There are at least two 1989 Camargues in PNW. One apparently bought in Blaine and the Camargue 48 that I had considered last year and was finally purchased in Everett this month at a significantly reduced price.

FACT: The Everett Camargue selling owner had corrected a number of deficiencies in the meantime.

FACT: The new owner and I have had numerous conversations about the boat and brokerage, before and after his purchase. He confirmed my public comments about the broker. He bought it in spite of the broker, not because of him. The broker showed up for the sea trial almost two hours late with no excuse and proceeded to bang the boat into the dock more than once while departing because he didn't know how to operate the bow thruster. He was days late in finalizing the closing documents, again with no excuse.

FACT: This broker has been the subject of numerous complaints from other customers.

FACT: Two different boats. Two different owners.

FACT: The new owner of the Camargue 48 in Everett has not posted on this thread. I'm happy it worked out for him.

FACT: The only broker I've alienated is the one noted in this post.

FACT: The only owner I've alienated is you, and that's no loss from where I stand. In the forums in which I participate, I enjoy the conversations, information, give and take, good humor and courtesy of other participants and I respond in kind. The sole exception is you, on this thread. So maybe you should look in the mirror before casting stones at others.
Facts that can be conformed by just reading these posts:
- you did not ignore this post as promised
- you insisted I was replying to you
- you thought this was the same boat
- you have missed two of these now
- the 'major' faults in the boat were not real
- you have no idea who you alienated and it is easy to speak with them
- you do not have a boat
- you waste time finding fault in people rather than buying a boat

You can leaner from this and find a boat or not.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Smitty you seem to have some kind of perverse fixation on me. Don't you have more productive ways to spend your time?