1980 Sea Ranger 40 Europa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salishpaddler

Veteran Member
I found this boat advertised on FB Trawlers for sale and the owner and I have already had some conversations. It's enroute from Sitka to Seattle. I'm interested in the boat and will view it upon arrival. But in the meantime, I'd like to know as much as possible about this model. Ask is $88,500.

When I'm not living on it I plan to cruise this boat throughout the PNW waters and the Inside Passage and circumnavigate Vancouver Island, so I'm looking for a no-nonsense practical, simple and robust boat. This seems to meet those criteria.

This particular boat struck rocks exiting a port in Alaska and suffered damage to the keel and props. Was hauled out and insurance paid for complete hull repair and paint, both trannies, shafts and props were replaced with new and rudders repaired, so I would certainly have an intensive survey performed.

Wallas diesel stove/heater. Twin Volvos <2500 hours. No generator or propane.

I welcome all information about this model, from deck plans to technical details, your experiences, etc. Thanks in advance.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/805546812940758/

Last edited:
NOt being a Facebooker, I can't see this boat. Is there another way to see it?
Thanks for the reply. Sorry, not that I'm aware of. It's on two FB sites: Trawler Living and Cruising, Trawlers for Sale. It's currently not listed elsewhere. I can't transfer it to an accessible site. If someone knows how to do this, please do so or let me know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom