Raritan - old-school - model/series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art

Guru
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
This is directed to anyone who may be a "head" of the game! lol (hope no one minds my funning)!

Sooo. Anyway, after reading much about toilets in this forum and other venue... and knowing we've been pleased with ours for years... thought I'd mention the Raritan we have and see what some "head' gurus might think regarding longevity/parts for these old-school babies. Any expertise appreciated.

Two duplicate porcelains:

12V Raritan - - > Model XCM / Series 0690 / Centrifugal Discharge

One 2’ long pipe to 30 gal holding on same level / One 2’ long pipe to Lectra San on same level

Input from any who may have background on this old-school
Raritan model/series would be great! :thumb:

Thanks, Art :speed boat:

Your toilet is the Raritan "Crown" Head that's been around for 40 years...Raritan still makes it...the CD version is the current version. Raritan Engineering | Crown Head II™ Electric Toilet
(The "sleek appearance" is achieved by a plastic shroud wrapped around the base.)

It's prob'ly the only toilet for a work boat--tug, fishing trawler, ferry--'cuz it's a real workhorse, but it's also a dinasaur that draws 36 amps (compared to 10-15 for more modern toilets) and uses 1-3 gallons of flush water with each flush AND makes enough noise to wake the dead, making it a bit problematic on recreational boats. If you can live with all that, it's a great toilet. If you can't, you might want to swap out the "lower unit" (everything south of the bowl) for a SeaEra "conversion." Raritan Sea Era Raritan Sea Era Conversion

If your Lectra/San is still working properly, you can have good setup that, from your limited description of the plumbing, seems to be plumbed correctly Contact Raritan 800-352-5630 to find out which model Lectra/San (there have been several...the current version has been renamed ElectroScan) so you can get the owners manual for it. You can download the manual for your toilet from the Raritan site at the first link I gave you.

I now return y'all to your regularly scheduled programming...:)

Your toilet is the Raritan "Crown" Head that's been around for 40 years...Raritan still makes it...the CD version is the current version. Raritan Engineering | Crown Head II™ Electric Toilet
(The "sleek appearance" is achieved by a plastic shroud wrapped around the base.)

It's prob'ly the only toilet for a work boat--tug, fishing trawler, ferry--'cuz it's a real workhorse, but it's also a dinasaur that draws 36 amps (compared to 10-15 for more modern toilets) and uses 1-3 gallons of flush water with each flush AND makes enough noise to wake the dead, making it a bit problematic on recreational boats. If you can live with all that, it's a great toilet. If you can't, you might want to swap out the "lower unit" (everything south of the bowl) for a SeaEra "conversion." Raritan Sea Era Raritan Sea Era Conversion

If your Lectra/San is still working properly, you can have good setup that, from your limited description of the plumbing, seems to be plumbed correctly Contact Raritan 800-352-5630 to find out which model Lectra/San (there have been several...the current version has been renamed ElectroScan) so you can get the owners manual for it. You can download the manual for your toilet from the Raritan site at the first link I gave you.

I now return y'all to your regularly scheduled programming...:)

Dear HeadMistress

Good to hear from you, it’s been a while since I noticed a post of yours... I was hoping you could be available in this instance! You must have heard the loud flush. – LOL!!

Unfortunately my regular programming right now is today’s carnage at Boston Marathon. If I could only get my hands on those SOB who do all that putrid, inexcusable, no-reason murdering I’d put them to sleep as fast as I would a bunch of rabid dogs... every damn one of them – all around the globe! Excuse me... but... WTF!!!

OK, back to reality... TY for links, I’ll look em over. Yeah, we have the old style Lectra San aboard our 34’ fun-classic 1977 tri cabin Tollycraft, it works well and have good condition LS duplicate for spare parts that came from the other head for which we placed a 30 gal hold tank in the ER.

We don’t mind the “flush/pump” noise – it’s not very often and relatively short of length. And, yes, the 2’ minus in length as well as barley curved feed lines from the pumps to tank or LS at basically same elevation as the pumps themselves are perfect for a fairly fast flush and no-clogs.

Not being a “Head” coinsure myself I’ve been impressed at the stability, utility, and continual good function of these pumps over the years. Soooo, figured I’d ask from thems that knows. And, lo and behold, coinsiding with my fondest wish, beautiful HM herself is numero uno to post – I could ask for nothing finer on this thread!

THANK YOU - - > HeadMistress!! :dance: :speed boat:

Input from any who may have background on this old-school
Raritan model/series would be great! :thumb:

Our boat has two of them...both converted to fresh water flush. Removed the fresh water pump (main noisemaker) and duck bill. Added a Jabsco combination solenoid/vacuum breaker valve plus a goose neck to keep water in the bowl. Zero odor, much less noise, much improved pumping as the motor runs faster, and a large reduction in amp consumption.

I hated them before these mods....wouldn't trade them now.

Our boat has two of them...both converted to fresh water flush. Removed the fresh water pump (main noisemaker) and duck bill. Added a Jabsco combination solenoid/vacuum breaker valve plus a goose neck to keep water in the bowl. Zero odor, much less noise, much improved pumping as the motor runs faster, and a large reduction in amp consumption.

I hated them before these mods....wouldn't trade them now.
[/INDENT]

Thanks, sg... will keep in mind! - Art

Good to hear from you, it’s been a while since I noticed a post of yours...
Ditto! I miss you informative posts and of course, your wonderful avatar that graces my screen. ;) (Where's that guy who said I was too old for this?)

Back
Top Bottom