Willapa bay On Ebb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptTPT

Vessel Name
Have Patience
Vessel Make
Navigator 56 Classic
Heading to Seattle from Portland in a few weeks. Unfortunately the day I need to leave will have me crossing the Columbia Bar at 2 PM when at high slack. Don't want to run at night. Wanted to stay the night in Grey's Harbor but it will ebb in the afternoon until 8 PM. Bar at Grey's Harbor can get very rough on ebb much like the Columbia Bar. Does anyone have experience with the entrance to Willapa Bay? Never been there myself. I have heard its pretty benign even at ebb. Can anyone give advice on this? I have plenty of muscle in my Navigator which is just under 60 ft.

You may not want to run at night but that stretch of the coast it can be the way.. when you get a good weather window on the Washington coast you take advantage of it. This time of year can have some great weather windows, I was out of the coast today ( Flying ) and it was a millpond and 71degrees!. I really like running offshore at night.. but I suppose it does take some getting use too.
Good Luck,
HOLLYWOOD

I will do just that if the conditions permit. If not I would like to tuck into Willapa Bay. Any advice on the entrance would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom