refridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunvale

I'm in need to replace the noisy Norcold fridge. I remember there was a topic on other units but for the world of me I am unable to find them.
Can anyone remember and send me a link.
Thanks
Peter

Those drawers wouldn't stay shut 5 min on my boat.

The drawers have latches built in. I used a fridge like this on a charter boat the past year. It was fantastic

Flush flange and positive latch (optional)

You may want to consider NovaKool

Look for one that exhausts to the front , it will be far more efficient than blowing hot air into basically a sealed closet.

Look for one that exhausts to the front , it will be far more efficient than blowing hot air into basically a sealed closet.

Our 16 year old Nordcold is still working great 24/7. It would seem a person would install a vent? :confused: Our out Nodcold quite I would buy another one just like it so it fits in the space that already there. If you are so concerned about the door then install a latch. The refrigerator doors handle broke off so I used long black wood to hold them on again, putty over and painted. That has work for at lest 5 years now. :thumb:

You guys and noise kill me! Just wait until you are old and you will not even hear it! :lol:

When we thought out Norcold was failing several years ago we researched replacements extensively. We wanted something that would fit in the existing under-counter space, would use the same AC/DC wiring, would have the same refrigerator/freezer capabilities, and would if possible use a Danfoss compressor. The unit we selected was an Isotherm. The Norcold revived itself and has been running fine ever since so we have not needed to replace it. But when the day comes that we do, all else being equal we will go with the Isotherm unit.

Isotherm and Nova Kool are well thought of. I have a Nova Kool. It came with the boat and it's 12 years old. Works fine.

Waeco brand, which I think may sell as Dometic in USA, is popular in Oz, both as built in and portable "car fridge" units. The problem with my Waeco portable is stopping it freezing when I want it as a fridge.

This is what I am installing this winter to replace my existing Norcold.

Vitrifrigo America
That looks like a really good unit. I had to build my own to fit the exact space I had, and I wish I had known about these as an option. The only thing I would do to improve on it is to order vacuum panels to line the cubby hole you fit the unit into. They are made to whatever thickness you want thick, but are R 50 per inch, and would significantly improve the efficiency of any installation.

http://www.thermalvisions.com/

Isotherm

I istalled an Isotherm in my boat and after 18 months the liner started to crack.
Since the unit was "almost out of warranttee" (24 months) they would not replace the unit. Even with the regional representive on my side, it didn't matter. The lack of customer service would be a deal breaker for me.
Randy

Back
Top Bottom