PT35 (Performance Trawler)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My starboard 6.3544M 135hp perkins was rebuilt in the boat theyou are designed that way cylinder sleeves or somthing..it was done by previous owner have paper work... What make ??? What was it doing ???Both of mine are always little white smoke..My mechanic says no worry it's a perkins..

The motor is totally lock up from setting. I have less then 2 inches from the motor to bottom of the floor above:banghead:. I;m thinking of removing the galley counter and cutting the floor. I will have to splice the floor back after the job is done. I just don't have the room to take it apart.

What a great forum. I recently bought a PT 46. I have been going through and removing all the old no longer used wires, and general maintenance for about 5 months. Twin 275 turbo Lehman’s. I have enjoyed every minute. New bottom, new garmin, rebuilt one turbo......
Now here is a question. My engines seem to be starving for fuel over 1800 RPM. Any thoughts?

What a great forum. I recently bought a PT 46. I have been going through and removing all the old no longer used wires, and general maintenance for about 5 months. Twin 275 turbo Lehman’s. I have enjoyed every minute. New bottom, new garmin, rebuilt one turbo......
Now here is a question. My engines seem to be starving for fuel over 1800 RPM. Any thoughts?

I always think filters when high rpm are elusive.

I agree that I would look for fuel starvation.

Have you replaced primary and secondary fuel filters? What micron filter are you using in primary fuel filter? Do engines reach rated RPM in neutral?

Have you replaced primary and secondary fuel filters? What micron filter are you using in primary fuel filter? Do engines reach rated RPM in neutral?

Found the problem. NAPA fuel filters.
Changed them to WIX and all is good!
Thank you all for your input

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom