Bath Belhaven and Washington NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Besslb

Guru
Vessel Name
Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Make
Navigator 42'
Hi All!! And especially AL !!

We're thinking of a week's trip from our home port of New Bern up to Bath Belhaven and Washington NC. Things we need to know are what not to miss, what to skip, and where to pee the dog! Where to get the best oysters and fish tacos? Where's the best craft brew joints and best burgers?

Seriously, are those towns as dog-friendly as our home in New Bern? In the side creeks are there places to anchor that it is "okay" to make a landing and walk the dog? Of course we clean up, but some places are not accessible or pet friendly.

We're thinking early October when the weather in NC is just about perfect!! We are wanting to visit some new places, meet new faces and do alot of this:

Attachments

• P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 125
  • P1010036.jpg
    P1010036.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Beauty at anchor.jpg
    Beauty at anchor.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 120
I have been to all of those places.

First I would skip Belhaven. There is nothing interesting there.

Bath is nice. You can tie up free to the state park dock which has room for 4-5 boats and is in front of a little tree shaded pocket park. The dock is also right in the middle of the historical district. But plan to eat on board. There isn't anything near by- a cafe about a mile away is all, which is fine for breakfast but that is all.

Washington has free docks for 48 hours at the town marina and you are in the middle of everything. There are a couple of nice restaurants and the hot dog shop is the place to go for lunch.

If you want to anchor in pristine creeks along the way, check out Campbell Creek, just north of Hobucken. But there are dozens of other nice places. Check them out on Active Captain.

David

Thanks David!! I gotta tell ya, we spend ALOT of time in Oriental...next time we are that way, we should get together for a cold beverage!!

Tom and Bess, I sent you a PM -- hope to see you when you get up this way.

Back
Top Bottom