Help trawler confusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. 11. I don't think Mr A. is saying one can re-inflate the tank but one may be able to deform it enough to allow "wiggle room" for removal. As to the re-inflation, I'd pay to see that as well. The fact the tank is probably leaking would mean sealing it sufficiently well to allow vacuum deformation and would probably be more trouble than actually cutting it up with a saw and removing it in pieces. I wouldn't want to be near such a tank if a vacuum collapse was attempted. I have witnessed several implosions in my day and...well, stand back. Waaay back.

Greetings,
Mr. 11. I don't think Mr A. is saying one can re-inflate the tank but one may be able to deform it enough to allow "wiggle room" for removal. As to the re-inflation, I'd pay to see that as well. The fact the tank is probably leaking would mean sealing it sufficiently well to allow vacuum deformation and would probably be more trouble than actually cutting it up with a saw and removing it in pieces. I wouldn't want to be near such a tank if a vacuum collapse was attempted. I have witnessed several implosions in my day and...well, stand back. Waaay back.

Correct RT - No re-inflate mentioned or presumed possible for metal tank. Wiggle room for tight space removal is the sole intent. Cutting up a diesel tank is probably fairly worry free so long as means of cutting was not too hot and tank had been drained/flushed correctly... maybe filled with CO2 ?? Cutting up a gasoline tank = facial reconstruction... if you're lucky to live. :popcorn:

Interesting - I tried to look at that boat - traveled to CT, only to have my appointment cancelled after touching down at Bradley. Seemed as if the broker was not interested in showing the boat to me, even after I contacted him later. Listing finally disappeared relatively recently - I'd be curious to know what happened - Boat was known as 'Tuesday Afternoon' - I was willing to travel and pay close to list - was a strange experience...

Interesting - I tried to look at that boat - traveled to CT, only to have my appointment cancelled after touching down at Bradley. Seemed as if the broker was not interested in showing the boat to me, even after I contacted him later. Listing finally disappeared relatively recently - I'd be curious to know what happened - Boat was known as 'Tuesday Afternoon' - I was willing to travel and pay close to list - was a strange experience...

It may have been sold and they failed to contact you in a timely manner.

Back
Top Bottom