Cockpit Rail Gate parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capt Q

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Nautical Girl
Vessel Make
Wellcraft California 34 LRC
Does anyone have a source for replacement/refurbished bright work (chrome latches & hinges) for the cockpit rail gates?

Thanks, Q
1984 / 34 LCR / I had repowered with John Deers 6.8L 225Hp back in 2001 (replaced the 3208’s naturals)

Roger that, I’ll check them out.

Excellent forum,, thanks to the port light subject I’m able to replace my four port light with the exact ones from the original manufacturer. I was hoping for the same on the latches and hinges..

Are the old ones broken?
You could always have them re chromed.

SD

They are pertty worn out, do you know of a plating shop in Anchorage?

They are pertty worn out, do you know of a plating shop in Anchorage?

------------------------------------------------------------
If your boat is a Marshall Californian, then the railing hardware should be chromed brass. The correct size is very difficult to find, even used and yours are worth rechromed. The wear point is usually a metal dowel pin in the gate joint, which can be driven out and replaced. If you can't find a shop in Anchorage, I had mine done some years ago by a company in Vancouver BC called Pacific Plating.

They also did the rechroming on my collector cars and their work is show grade. I don't know if they are still in business, maybe some of our BC members know. They did some of the best triple plate custom chrome work and it doesn't peel off after a couple of years. The EPA requirements here in the States have caused the plating companies to abandon the old methods and switch to short cuts and alternatives which IMHO results in an inferior product.

Larry B

I checked around in Anchorage and Nope no one does chrome plating in Alaska.
I was told you have to try Seattle.
Sorry I couldn't help.
SD

Does anyone have a source for replacement/refurbished bright work (chrome latches & hinges) for the cockpit rail gates?

Thanks, Q
1984 / 34 LCR / I had repowered with John Deers 6.8L 225Hp back in 2001 (replaced the 3208’s naturals)

---------------------------------
Pacific Plating is still in business and this is the URL to their webpage:

http://www.pacificplatingbc.com/services.htm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom