Vancouver to loose CCG station Kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OFB

Guru
Vessel Name
Invader no1
Vessel Make
Kishi Boat works
This is absolute lunacy.
The decision to close the Kitsilano station was made by the feds all the way on the other side of the continent as a cost saving measure.
This coast gaurd station is positioned adjacent to what is arguably the busiest stretch of water in the country when you take into account commercial traffic, recreational boat owners, rental fleets, kayakers as well as it being the location of several major annual events both on and off the water.
I would suggest that this matter may be of interest to our American friends visiting our waters and would encourage them to speak up as well.
For those wishing to voice their opinion there's a Facebook page where you can post - Facebook search "save the Kitsilano Coast Gaurd Station"
- Boyd

Last edited:
Bobofthenorth...just sent you a private message - Boyd

I just don't get it... Working on Sea Island I see how many times the hovercraft goes out especially in the summer and I can't see how they can cover for the closed Kits base as well.

With the use of EPIRBs, SPOT, cell phones, DSC, helicopters, fast (30 knot) response vessels CG shore locations on both sides of the border do indeed seem in need of periodic review. Lost in the real, political and union discussions are the Review's impacts in the deeper BC waters towards Prince Rupert as changes occur in places other than Kitsilano.

As has been hinted for years, Kitsilano's shallow water or shore emergencies may best be handled by the RCMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom