Sunrise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tony B

Guru
Vessel Name
Serenity
Vessel Make
Mainship 36 Dual Cabin -1986
Was a beautiful sunrise on the GUlf of Mex this morning. The camera just can't do it justice, but I thought I would share it anyway

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 107
That's a great photo. It seems the sun always looks better from the water.

Everything looks better from the water.

Great photo Tony. When you planning on heading up my way on the Tenn Tom?

Great photo Tony. When you planning on heading up my way on the Tenn Tom?

Whether I sell my sailboat or not, We are still heading that way from Galveston Bay. As soon as we get some weather breaks right after the 1st of the year we will be on the wet road. I will still take on an odd job or two offshore but definitely nothing regular.
We will be taking out time visiting friends and family in Slidell, Gulfport and Biloxi. Prolly leave early to mid-Jan. to Slidell. Prolly get to Gulfport/Biloxi area and hang out until mid-March. Then from there I figure we will be in North Al./NE Ms. by Mid-April. My main goal is to get out of the coastal Hurricane area well before hurricane season. After that - no hurry.
We still have the sailboat mentality "It's not the destination - it's the journey".

Hey Tony, missed you at the Sunset Grill last Sat evening...the shrimp cocktail was delicious, the drinks watery. I told Judy we can't eat like that often when we both quit working & start crusing. Anyway, what's the big trawler on Dock 13 closest to shore, the big beefy one?

FYI, we're planning to move Waterford Marina in the fall & follow your wake towards FL as early as we can in '13.

.........., what's the big trawler on Dock 13 closest to shore, the big beefy one?

FYI, we're planning to move Waterford Marina in the fall & follow your wake towards FL as early as we can in '13.

Dont know which trawler, might be a new one in the marina.
Definitely sorry I missed the festivities.

Great that u also are going to be on the move. Always nice to have company along the way. Hopefully we will meet more members on the trip. There are a few in Houma that I Definitely want to meet.
Where is your final destination?

by the look of that sunrise, good weather may be a ways off....

by the look of that sunrise, good weather may be a ways off....
Actually decent weather is forecast.....some clouds with scattered showers.
The old saying "red sky at night, sailors delight. Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning" is only half right.

The red sky at night part comes from the idea that the sun sets in the west and the weather travels from west to east. The red color is from a lot dust in the air caused by dry weather. So, we see that at night and that means the dry air in the west will be upon us tonite and tomorrow.
Fairly good assumption, mostly correct.
On the other side of the coin "red sky in the morning" in the eastern sky means that the dry air has passes already and the assumption is made that it will now change to wet weather. Bad Assumption.

Anyway, thats the best story I can come up with and I'm stickin' to my story. LOL

Here's one of mine, probably last year:

Attachments

• Sunrise at RiversEdge.jpg
    Sunrise at RiversEdge.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 99
The other half- Sunset

So here is the setting sun tonite as of about 5 minutes ago

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 98
Here's sunset in the delta from Saturday night. Obviously taken in the marina...

Attachments

• boat 062.jpg
    boat 062.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 98
A few more shots from the CA Delta, just north of the Pittsburg Marina, this is my view every morning. Still working and start each day at 6AM so I see alot of sun rises,

Jennifer what marina are your shots from ?

Attachments

• 2012-04-10_06-42-21_407.jpg
    2012-04-10_06-42-21_407.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 2012-04-10_06-45-28_316.jpg
    2012-04-10_06-45-28_316.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 88
Cape Mendocino Sunrise/Full Moon set.

Attachments

• DSC00119.jpg
    DSC00119.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 106
I've posted this one before but it is always well recieved so.......
Taken near Johnstone Strait just before raising anchor. We do'nt get many red sunrises like you do down south but this one seems to do fine w/o much red.

Attachments

• all to 12-15-09 159.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 159.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom