Chartering in the Caribbean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pineapple Girl

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Pineapple Girl 3
Vessel Make
Silverton 38c
Hey All, anyone chartered in the Caribbean? We've done bareboat sailboat charters in the BVIs twice (moorings) and are thinking of going back there or going to St Martins or St Vincent and the Grenadines. Anyone been? Have any thoughts on charter companies? I was looking at TMM out of St Vincents. We'd prob go in May 2013.

Hey All, anyone chartered in the Caribbean? We've done bareboat sailboat charters in the BVIs twice (moorings) and are thinking of going back there or going to St Martins or St Vincent and the Grenadines. Anyone been? Have any thoughts on charter companies? I was looking at TMM out of St Vincents. We'd prob go in May 2013.

The best charter trip my wife and I have ever done was St. Vincent & the Grenadines. Tonga and New Zealand are a close second... We used The Moorings in St. Vincent (it's been Moorings or Sunsail for all our trips as they were Share the Sails for Latitudes & Attitudes). Favorite stops were Saltwhistle Bay on Mayreau Island, the Tobago Cays, and Bequia. If you want to see what it's like, I produced three episodes of our TV show on the trip. Go here and select the St. Vincent episodes: Seafaring Magazine – Online Sailing Resources | Seafaring

We'd like to do St. Martins, though.

The best charter trip my wife and I have ever done was St. Vincent & the Grenadines. Tonga and New Zealand are a close second... We used The Moorings in St. Vincent (it's been Moorings or Sunsail for all our trips as they were Share the Sails for Latitudes & Attitudes). Favorite stops were Saltwhistle Bay on Mayreau Island, the Tobago Cays, and Bequia. If you want to see what it's like, I produced three episodes of our TV show on the trip. Go here and select the St. Vincent episodes: Seafaring Magazine – Online Sailing Resources | Seafaring

We'd like to do St. Martins, though.

Oh cool I will have to check out the videos from home tonight. thanks!

I will second St. Vincent & the Grenadines. St Martins was nice and close to St Barts but the cruising area wasn't as nice.

We did "Trawlers in Paradise" in the BVI. Grand Banks weren't kept in the best shape but it gave us the trawler bug which now appears to be incurable.

Back
Top Bottom