• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

36 ft KROGEN MANATEE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Art

Guru
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
In case someone on TF might be interested. I have nothing to do with this boat, owner, or its sale. Ran across the ad on SF CA CL. Best luck! - Art ;)

36 ft KROGEN MANATEE, REDUCED $ 50,000. FOR QUICK SALE - $95000 (SF DELTA)
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/2933100108.html

In case someone on TF might be interested. I have nothing to do with this boat, owner, or its sale. Ran across the ad on SF CA CL. Best luck! - Art ;)

It may be a great deal for someone, but I'd be very careful on this one, just looking at the listing.

It may be a great deal for someone, but I'd be very careful on this one, just looking at the listing.

Did not read to bottom of ad before seeing Conrad's caution. Hope I have not placed a link to someone elses bad ad on TF. Might be OK... Nice looking boat, but It is worded odd at ad bottom. Have caution and good luck if you do research. Sorry if I posted a blooper ad link! :ermm:

"If it sounds too good to be true it probably is." On my reading that advert comes with audible and visual alarms. BruceK

Holy smokes. If I were looking for another one, I'd sure check it out. I always wanted to cruise the Delta. Hmmm. Whoever buys it can call me so we can switch boats on vacations.

Sounds like one would have to send/transfer $10K to some bank account just to hold it, then zip the money is gone and all you would have is a nice lookin picture of a boat.

Reminds me of an ad on Kijji, seller was going to Russia, need to sell in a hurry, would ship anywhere in the world for free, just send the deposit, then send remaining when it is in your driveway, nothing to lose, if you didn't like it seller would pay to have it returned.... :hide:

I almost fell for it :facepalm: :rofl:

"If it sounds too good to be true it probably is." On my reading that advert comes with audible and visual alarms. BruceK

I'm not sure. You don't buy a boat without seeing it or at least I don't. So when you see the boat and meet the seller you ask for the title or the Doc papers.

I didn't see anything that says send money now.
Did I miis that?

Did I miis that?

Nope ya didn't miss a thing and yep you are correct about seeing it first and receiving the papers etc.. but sometimes from ads like that one will get a call saying " we'll hold it for you if you are serious.. with a small downpayment to show us your are really interested and we'll hold it in trust ( totally refundable ) until you are able to get here for a look ".

Nobody in their right mind would do that but there is always one that will get taken.

The ad just doesn't seem to be above board to me... maybe it is just my trust factor on most ads I guess.

I called - to check out the advertised Manatee...

She's a 1985 - Owner (Billy Markajis) sounds legit and needs to sell due to his econimic trouble. Will talk your ear off on improvements he's done to boat and that his friend the previous owner did to it. It's docked at Delta Bay Club in SF Delta Loop Billy's # is 415.516.0600

Good luck if you call or go see it! - Art

Take a moisture meter and a hammer with you. The Manatee is a fully cored hull, which also has its advantages, but if old blisters weren't addressed or through hulls weren't installed well, water intrusion can be a problem. A full peal and re-glass job to fix a water logged hull could cost you 25 boat units. With just what the guy reports, it'd be hard to believe that a boat like that with a good hull wouldn't be quite a bargain. I've seen two of these go for less than 100K, but they were really in bad shape. When my Admiral and I were searching for a trawler, part of our criteria was that the boat would not be depreciating. Previous to the downturn, the Manatee was appreciating quite well and even held its own after 2007. Spending wisely, one can actually put some money into these boats, but you have to start with a good hull or a very good price. If this one has both, well.....I guess that remains to be seen.

I saw this boat last summer, looked in kinda rough shape. We will be back at this marina Friday; I will take a look and see if the boat looks spruced up from last year.

I saw this boat last summer, looked in kinda rough shape. We will be back at this marina Friday; I will take a look and see if the boat looks spruced up from last year.

Great Jennifer! If you get opp to see the Manatee, looking forward to your report. Billy talked a blue streak... be interesting to see if that streak was filled with some BS. He said it's in good condition with expensive bottom job not long ago! Price is pretty good if it's OK. Could become nice trawler for a TF member. - Art :popcorn:

I am a coast away from this boat.. and not interested in looking at it, but I think the Forum has shown its real value here, in getting knowledgeable people contributing and discussing specific boats/issues, for the benefit of anyone who might be looking.

I was just thinking the same thing, PG. I bet that's the one we saw looking like it needed lots of attention. Take a pic to post!

Glad to hear you're making it back to the delta this weekend.

I was just thinking the same thing, PG. I bet that's the one we saw looking like it needed lots of attention. Take a pic to post!

Glad to hear you're making it back to the delta this weekend.

Hey Al, yes I am sure it is the same one, it did NOT look pretty last summer. I'm hoping to be amazed at the transformation when we see it this weekend. :blush:

We are really looking forward to being back up there and hope to see you and meet Meg.

Naybody know the name of the Krogen Manatee for sale on Craig's list. Is it the one or two stateroom model?

Pineapple Girl is there this weekend. I'm sure she'll report back with the details when she returns.

Pineapple Girl is there this weekend. I'm sure she'll report back with the details when she returns.

Hey All! I believe it is called "Brutus" and from the exterior it looked like it has seen quite a bit of TLC from when we saw it last year (when it was surronded by water hyacinth and looking much neglected). It has new canvas and looks freshly waxed. The craigslist ad says it is the custom two stateroom model and that he has done work inside as well so I'd say it is worth a look if you are in the market. I would not have said that based on its appearance last time I saw it but it is looking good now! :dance:

Naybody know the name of the Krogen Manatee for sale on Craig's list. Is it the one or two stateroom model?

per the ad it is a two stateroom and I believe the name is Brutus (rode past it in the dinghy on Saturday).

Howdy, Jennifer!

Thanks for posting. :socool:

At first I wondered, due to the ad's wording... Now I don't feel like I maybe placed a bogus trawler ad recommendation on TF. On phone owner told me that many thousand dollar bottom job was done just a few months ago. You get opp to take picts? ;)

Hope you had a great delta weekend!

Complications arose for daughter and April 3rd baby... baby OK now... daughter still working through items... hope perfectly OK within next week or two. Two things for daughter got real rough! For assured R&R as well as ongoing hospital visits my wife is pretty much staying now with her, baby, and hubby - I visit, often. So... our delta visits will be delayed for a while till all is in the clear! :D

Look forward to meeting you and yours some day - in delta 4th July weekend would be perfect, or any other time too! Let's stay in touch! :dance:

Art

Hey Art, no photos, Didn't take phone or camera in the dink. Just got a new phone a week ago after dropping the phone in the marina. :banghead:

I am sorry to hear about your daughter and granddaughter. hope things are better soon!

We plan to spend June 30- July 8 in the delta "somewhere" hope to see you then but if not, sometime! :thumb:

Howdy, Jennifer!

Thanks for posting. :socool:

At first I wondered, due to the ad's wording... Now I don't feel like I maybe placed a bogus trawler ad recommendation on TF. On phone owner told me that many thousand dollar bottom job was done just a few months ago. You get opp to take picts? ;)

Hope you had a great delta weekend!

Complications arose for daughter and April 3rd baby... baby OK now... daughter still working through items... hope perfectly OK within next week or two. Two things for daughter got real rough! For assured R&R as well as ongoing hospital visits my wife is pretty much staying now with her, baby, and hubby - I visit, often. So... our delta visits will be delayed for a while till all is in the clear! :D

Look forward to meeting you and yours some day - in delta 4th July weekend would be perfect, or any other time too! Let's stay in touch! :dance:

Art
Hi...Come and see My Beauitful KROGEN MANATEE and meet ME !

If you have any QUESTIONS or THE TRUTH ABOUT MY WORDING in selling my MANATEE..PLEASE COME AND SEE AND MEET ME...BILY MARKAKIS

sounds like one would have to send/transfer $10k to some bank account just to hold it, then zip the money is gone and all you would have is a nice lookin picture of a boat.

reminds me of an ad on kijji, seller was going to russia, need to sell in a hurry, would ship anywhere in the world for free, just send the deposit, then send remaining when it is in your driveway, nothing to lose, if you didn't like it seller would pay to have it returned.... :hide:

i almost fell for it :facepalm: :rofl:

come and see the vessel, where in my add do i asked for monies up front !

36 ft Krogen Manatee for sale..

per the ad it is a two stateroom and I believe the name is Brutus (rode past it in the dinghy on Saturday).

Dear One...Next time come-by and I would be HAPPY TO SHOW YOU BRUTUS...BILY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom