anchor for my 1983 mainship 34 mark three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi,

I am thinking about buying a 33 lb bruce style anchor for my boat , and would like to know if it would fit on the stock pulpit and deploy better then the danforth.

Also would this size anchor work well in most bottoms?

My danforth holds ok in most bottoms ,but when I bring it up with my manual winch it always gets stuck at the roller and has to be lifted by hand to get it on deck. And if the bottom is weedy the danforth sometimes drags even after backing the boat down to set it.

Bill

Hey Bill, how goes it?

There were so many different bow pulpits on those old 34s that I wouldn't be able to tell you what would fit. It would be nice if a boat neighbor had one and would let you try it in the slip.

The 22 Danforth I had on my old 34 came up thru the pulpit with no problem. I can't remember it ever getting jammed.

bill dieffenbach wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking about buying a 33 lb bruce style anchor for my boat , and would like to know if it would fit on the stock pulpit and deploy better then the danforth.

Bill

Bill

Oh what a can o worms you have opened. This subject has been flogged and flogged again. And there are more opinions than the sky has stars.

I suggest you scroll up to the Blue bar above, and click on the Search button. Type in "anchors", and you will have the time of your life. Or not!*

-- Edited by Carey on Tuesday 17th of January 2012 06:47:56 PM

Carey wrote:
Oh what a can o worms you have opened.

:teevee:

Back
Top Bottom