Dimensions of swim platform on MS400 Trawler 2004 or similar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garmstro55

Vessel Name
Seventh Sojourn
Vessel Make
Mainship 400
I am working on a project to find a suitable set of dinghy davits and the boat is 2 hours away. If anyone has ready access to theirs could they please measure the length and width of the swim platform for me?

Thanks!

Look at Martek , used then for Achilles with 15 hp Honda. Worked well. Have pics ,but can’t find button to send them .

If you are going to do a straight hoist, dinghy remaining upright, your dinghy will want to sit on the swimgrid, no matter how wide it is. I use a pair of maple flooring boards (because I have a bunch) that i place like a ramp below the davits, one end firmly attached to a cleat on the davit support, the other end resting on the edge of the swimgrid. when lowering my RIB (750 # including 40 hp) it slides nicely down the ramps to the water, no more trying to stay on the swimgrid.
The depth of the swimgrid is about 30" or 32", and doesn't impair my ability to get the dinghy up or down.

I was looking for something that didn't clutter up the swim platform or even create a toe-stubber as we use the platform a lot. Also, it would be a bonus if they were removable when we weren't using the dink. This setup accomplishes both goals.

I was going to order them but wanted to double-check on the depth I had with the platform to make sure the receiver tubes would not stick out past the edge.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 50
I was looking for something that didn't clutter up the swim platform or even create a toe-stubber as we use the platform a lot. Also, it would be a bonus if they were removable when we weren't using the dink. This setup accomplishes both goals.

I was going to order them but wanted to double-check on the depth I had with the platform to make sure the receiver tubes would not stick out past the edge.
We Installed Weavers with a 6" extension on our 390, we bought the removable option kit, all that is on platform when Dingy is launched is the 4" x 4" flat plate. The stand offs hold the dingy when stored to be slightly forward of vertical, allowing for ) water to get in the dingy in heaviest rain or swell great and simple solution
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078KC69JQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom