Air Conditioning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bryant

Guru
Vessel Name
Sakura Perdido
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36 Classic
I need to replace my A/C units. Recommendations? I have a 6,000 in the aft cabin and forward cabin and a 16,000 in the main saloon.

I've got 3 of the Marine Air Vector Turbo units (now sold as the Dometic Turbo). 2x 10k and 1x 16k. They had a few issues early on and 1 was replaced under warranty. But since then, they've been more reliable (but not quite as good as the 1980s Marine Air units they replaced). They work great, however. Not overly loud considering there's not much to block sound in my install (and there's an optional sound shield to make them quieter). And they cool and heat well.

I've had excellent experience with Mermaid. Good equipment and cheerful top-notch factory support on the sole problem I ever had with them.

If you search threads you will find a number of TFers that highly recommend a company in Florida that builds AC units to spec at a good price. Can't remember the name, but looked worthwhile to check out.

I also like Mermaid. I have put them in several boats with good success.

I've had excellent experience with Mermaid. Good equipment and cheerful top-notch factory support on the sole problem I ever had with them.

If you search threads you will find a number of TFers that highly recommend a company in Florida that builds AC units to spec at a good price. Can't remember the name, but looked worthwhile to check out.

Are you thinking about Ocean Breeze in Stuart Fl? I have one of their units. It seems to work fine.

That's the one! No direct experience but they seem to have an enthusiastic following.
Are you thinking about Ocean Breeze in Stuart Fl? I have one of their units. It seems to work fine.

We had Marine Airrrr Vector Compact units, worked fine for 16 years, still working when we replaced with Dometic Turbos (originally Marine Airrr Vector Turbos) this year.

Newer ones are quieter and blow more, composite drain pan (so no more rusty condensate), slightly improved programming on the wall panel... but I only have a few months on them so no long-term experience.

-Chris

A/C

An FYI, on page two of this thread is an a/c post on "Flagship Marine A/C"
Bill

Marinaire. Easy install and works great. 16000 btu

A second for Marinair.

Great customer service....3 units problem free for 3 yrs now.

I've put 10+ years on two Mermaid package units. No problems, except one thermostat died. Nice thing is they use household thermostats that are cheap to replace. No fan of the other brands digital control panels, seem they can fail often and are proprietary and expensive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom