date stamp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it says yours was posted 7 minutes, 54 seconds ago while I'm reading it. It's on the left side of every post.

But that means you gotta know what day it is.
We are on crusin time ya know.

I wish

Tidahapah wrote:
But that means you gotta know what day it is.
We are on crusin time ya know.
Your GPS plotter if you have one should tell you the date as well as the time.

Times and dates are set to TrawlerForum World Headquarters in Kemah, TX, USA. That would be the same as Houston, Chicago, St. Louis etc.
smile.gif

correct, but not a date stamp...possted 11.17.11......but i have no idea what day or date it is anyway...im really trying to embrace the lifestyle with both arms..

jlamb15 wrote:correct, but not a date stamp...possted 11.17.11......but i have no idea what day or date it is anyway...im really trying to embrace the lifestyle with both arms..
*It gives you the time in hours and minutes from the present time, then it says's yesterday if it is 24 hours old and then it gives days since posted up to 14 and then it gives the exact date posted.

I'm not sure what 11.17.11 gets you.* If I'm understanding you, you don't keep*tract of the date because you are cruising so what does 11.17.11 or 10.26.09 do for you if you don't know what today is ????

Not trying to be a SA but what difference is it if you don't know what date it is today?* In fact the way it is would be a better reference as to how long ago it was posted than a date would be.

-- Edited by JD on Thursday 17th of November 2011 11:14:44 AM

I think the current system--- which is the typical format for forums like this--- works fine. It tells you how recent the post was relative to the current day and the other posts, and I would think that would be sufficient. I've not seen a post yet on this forum that was time or date-dependent to be relevant. As long as one can read them in the right order and as long as one has a basic idea of the day they were posted, I don't know what other info would be beneficial.

I'm a bit mystified by these posts. When I look at them, each one has the date posted. For example, Marin posted his on Nov 17 2:16 PM, 2011.

There may be a setting somewhere that I changed back when I first joined the forum, I don't remember. And unfortunately I wouldn't know where to look now.

Conrad wrote:
I'm a bit mystified by these posts. When I look at them, each one has the date posted. For example, Marin posted his on Nov 17 2:16 PM, 2011.

There may be a setting somewhere that I changed back when I first joined the forum, I don't remember. And unfortunately I wouldn't know where to look now.
*Found it. Under Profile/Settings/Date and Time Format. I guess the default is relative time but there are many other options.

Good job Conrad!!!....;-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom