Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   Willard | Fales (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s12/)
-   -   Seen on CL (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s12/seen-cl-47005.html)

bligh 10-09-2019 01:09 PM

Seen on CL
 
if only i had more time....

https://images.craigslist.org/00505_...A_1200x900.jpg

https://corpuschristi.craigslist.org...989810659.html

ben2go 10-09-2019 04:01 PM

That's a pretty nice boat.

Donsan 10-09-2019 04:17 PM

Is it a sail boat with twin engines or a trawler with ketch sails?

bligh 10-09-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donsan (Post 809699)
Is it a sail boat with twin engines or a trawler with ketch sails?

If I had to choose, I would pick the latter.

ben2go 10-09-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donsan (Post 809699)
Is it a sail boat with twin engines or a trawler with ketch sails?

That thar be one'em elusive moter sailers. More fur moterin than fur sailin.

RT Firefly 10-09-2019 05:36 PM

Greetings,
Mr. b2. Well, we know it has sails but it may not have motors. As per usual...NO engine space pictures.

Donsan 10-09-2019 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RT Firefly (Post 809728)
Greetings,
Mr. b2. Well, we know it has sails but it may not have motors. As per usual...NO engine space pictures.

Did you miss this?

OldDan1943 10-09-2019 07:04 PM

Gotta clear more than a few bridges.
My N46 had twin mast. Got tired of relying on the bridge schedule. I took the fwd mast off. Next owner took the aft mast off. Sometimes it is more important to make a quick run to the ocean than discovering the bridges are locked down. Or a quick run to your dock to hide from the weather.

RT Firefly 10-09-2019 07:13 PM

Greetings,
Mr. D. Nope. I saw BOTH props BUT are they connected to anything? Better yet, IF there are engines, what shape are they in? Being a long time TF member, you might have noticed that I judge a vessel's condition from how good the ER looks.


Messy ER=poor to no maintenance more often than not IMO.

boatpoker 10-09-2019 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I could do that :)

ben2go 10-10-2019 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RT Firefly (Post 809756)
Greetings,
Mr. D. Nope. I saw BOTH props BUT are they connected to anything? Better yet, IF there are engines, what shape are they in? Being a long time TF member, you might have noticed that I judge a vessel's condition from how good the ER looks.


Messy ER=poor to no maintenance more often than not IMO.

:thumb:

O C Diver 10-10-2019 12:20 PM

I'm with RT, no engine room pictures, no engines. Really like the boat except for no need for twins if you have sails. I'm guessing those 2 engine in that hull are tighter than shoes in a shoebox.

Ted

RT Firefly 10-10-2019 12:49 PM

Greetings,
Mr. OC. Shoe box? Yup. When I saw the picture I wondered how the maneuvering would be with the props so close together AND the single rudder, large though it may be...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012