Mainship 390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sheri

We went out and looked over a Mainship 390.
If you have looked at them or have knowledge of them what are some things that stick out to you that I should be looking at or for?
There are a few things I would want to do right away to make it fit us but I don't know where to go to start looking. It has a new Bimini but it was not fit for icing glass so I would need to find both. I doesn't have Fridge on the fly so I would need to decide what would be best up there so I am not running up and down while Captain is under way. This boat is VERY clean. But the glue on the head liner has yellowed and looks tacky. I am thinking a quarter round would cover it but not sure that is the way I would want to go.

We looked at one before we bought our current boat. We liked them but wanted something a bit bigger. There was an issue with the swim platforms when they were new. As I understand it Mainship reworked some of them and some not. I would make sure that the platform rework has been done to the one you are looking at.

Any marine canvas maker can add a full Eisinglas surround to an existing Bimini.

It is also very easy to add a small, dorm type fridge to the fly bridge. A marine electrician can hook it up for you.

The yellowed glue probably can be removed with a solvent.

Finally as noted in the PP, check the swim platform for an access port on top. These were added as a result of the typical fix to the sodden, foam filled swim platform. If not look further or ask a surveyor.

I wouldn't buy a 390 that didn't have the swim platform fix done.

David

David, would you say that IF an access port is installed in the platform all is well? Is this port a pie plate type, bolted or?..

Mainship had a problem with the swim platform leaking and water getting into the hollow platform. I believe the platform was foam filled so the fix was to add access ports and dig out the foam. Them they put a bilge pump in. Pull one of the ports and see if the foam is gone and a pump is in there. Not a really good fix but that is what they did as far as I know.

Mainship had a problem with the swim platform leaking and water getting into the hollow platform. I believe the platform was foam filled so the fix was to add access ports and dig out the foam. Them they put a bilge pump in. Pull one of the ports and see if the foam is gone and a pump is in there. Not a really good fix but that is what they did as far as I know.

What he said :thumb: If the access port is there, then it has been fixed. It is typically a round, pie plate port.

David

Back
Top Bottom