Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/)
-   -   Queenship Seaspirit 60 (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/queenship-seaspirit-60-a-46850.html)

GraniteStater 09-29-2019 06:33 PM

Queenship Seaspirit 60
 
I have a really unhealthy obsession with this particular boat. The kind of obsession that ends with my wife saying "you did what?!?!?"

Please tell me everything bad you can see with this boat.

P.S. - I am already aware that the anchor sucks..... :D

https://sysyachtsales.com/yacht-sear...oat_id=3522049

Boat 09-29-2019 06:56 PM

It's too big to ski behind.

sunchaser 09-29-2019 07:06 PM

GS
I was equally intrigued a decade or so ago when the vessel hit the market place. The other day I was looking at a similar sized vessel built in 2010. The boat was not well cared for and needed many $$ to get up to our standards. Very disappointing Vs sales blurbs.

Point being, it is definitely worth a non internet look to be sure current state of care and maintenance is to a high standard beyond broker fluff statements. A vessel this size needs a few days of experienced hand "look overs" well before an offer and survey are contemplated.

Good luck, I'd be the last one to dissuade you. Great boat, maybe, now for digging into it.

ben2go 09-29-2019 07:06 PM

It makes my dink look small.




https://i.ytimg.com/vi/EgqoWbK_qh4/maxresdefault.jpg

GFC 09-29-2019 07:17 PM

From 100' away she's beautiful. Pay attention to what Sunchaser said though.

OldDan1943 09-29-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraniteStater (Post 806663)
I have a really unhealthy obsession with this particular boat. The kind of obsession that ends with my wife saying "you did what?!?!?"

The price of the boat is just the start. You will need to employ a captain and his wife who will cook and clean. I understand, they dont come cheap. LOL

Airstream345 09-29-2019 09:11 PM

I toured her sister in Seattle last year. They are impressive.

bshillam 09-29-2019 09:50 PM

She's a looker for sure. Good survey, mechanical, oil samples, ship logs will all tell you what you need to know. Classic lines. Could have her twenty years and she'd still look graceful. You won't win the ugly boat contest by any means.

Sailor of Fortune 09-29-2019 09:55 PM

I would hope she has a professional crew that keeps logs and repair records as part of ships maintenance history.

bshillam 09-29-2019 10:08 PM

At 60' it may not have a crew. It looks well organized and easily handled by a single/couple.

Nomad Willy 09-29-2019 10:44 PM

Saw this boat quite awhile back.
I was definitely impressed.
Had Fir interior woodwork. Light if any stain. Looked a little bit non-boaty.
Still haven’t seen the hull.

caltexflanc 09-30-2019 10:37 AM

We toured a new one of these at a boat show several years ago here on the east coast; it may very well been this exact boat as it looks very familiar. For the life of me I can't recall anything I didn't like about other than what I felt was a tight, low headroom engine room for my taste. Ann is not a big fan of galley-up, separate pilot house designs, but she said she could get used to this one. On the other hand, for our purposes (coastal cruising) she also noted it have anything we wanted that our old Hatteras didn't, and lacked the aforementioned things the Hatteras did.

Overall, very nice boat, no doubt.

gsholz 09-30-2019 10:47 AM

We owned a Queenship 59 (not a trawler) for 10 years. They used to be built in Maple Ridge outside of Vancouver, BC. Good quality boats, nice impressive facility we visited when we bought our boat. Sadly, the builder went out of business during the financial crisis. The first Seaspirit 60 was an attempt by the original builder to create a new company by offshoring labor costs to China. It did not seem to work out. For the longest time the original 60 was the only one around. Now someone is building them again in China. I always liked the looks and layout of the boat.

kc_excursion 10-12-2019 11:03 AM

Our opinions....
I believe this is hull #1 of the series, we looked at hulls #2 and #3 in our search.



Overall the boat presents and leaves a positive impression, it checked off many things on our lists. We would place it in the same category as a Nordhavn 57.



What we found troubling after sitting on the boat for awhile, it feels small. Everything is just a little cramped or narrow. The other item is storage for long-term provisioning, we didn't feel like there was adequate storage for food, spare parts and the like.


We also wanted a stand-up engine room which this doesn't have.


I like the look of the swim platform, but due to the canoe stern the available space is lot less than it appears.


Final comment, the dingy takes up a fair amount of upper deck space - of course choosing a smaller dingy would give more back.

Codger2 10-12-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunchaser (Post 806681)
Good luck, I'd be the last one to dissuade you. Great boat, maybe, now for digging into it.

Having hosted Sunchaser on my boat years ago, I subscribe to 99% of his advice.:hide: Also, having had a dark hull color on a previous boat is something I would never do again! Trying to keep that hull clean, spotless and touched up with the right color was agonizing.:facepalm:

ben2go 10-12-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codger2 (Post 810555)
Having hosted Sunchaser on my boat years ago, I subscribe to 99% of his advice.:hide: Also, having had a dark hull color on a previous boat is something I would never do again! Trying to keep that hull clean, spotless and touched up with the right color was agonizing.:facepalm:

I'm in for it then.

Conrad 10-12-2019 01:56 PM

I've been drooling over this one recently as well. I've never seen one, let alone been aboard, but it certainly seems like a fine vessel. Dauntless is hull #1, and apparently the subsequent vessels (4-5 in total?) had somewhat more headroom in the ER. The comment about her being small inside feels about right as all interior shots I've seen are taken with a wide angle lens.

Some interesting links:

https://www.yachtforums.com/review/s...gemaker.12798/

HOME

ben2go 10-12-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conrad (Post 810589)
I've been drooling over this one recently as well. I've never seen one, let alone been aboard, but it certainly seems like a fine vessel. Dauntless is hull #1, and apparently the subsequent vessels (4-5 in total?) had somewhat more headroom in the ER. The comment about her being small inside feels about right as all interior shots I've seen are taken with a wide angle lens.

Some interesting links:

https://www.yachtforums.com/review/s...gemaker.12798/

HOME


To big for me as a soloist, but dang if she ain't a magnificent ship.

makobuilders 10-12-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraniteStater (Post 806663)
Please tell me everything bad you can see with this boat.

two things... (1) that swim platform would need to be chainsawed off if you really wanted to cross oceans; and (2) the price!

OldDan1943 10-12-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobuilders (Post 810642)
two things... (1) that swim platform would need to be chainsawed off if you really wanted to cross oceans; and (2) the price!

I am very surprised it carries only 400 gals of fresh water. I would have thought closer to 1000 gals.
It does have a nice 900 gpd water maker. It would be nice to have a backup water maker, if crossing the ocean.
150 gallon sanitary tank? Now that's a lot of 'sanitary'. No mention of macerator pumps. I would hope that is an oversight or my poor reading.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012