2007 43' Mainship Pilot 43

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeApicella

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
GLORY DAYS
Vessel Make
2007 MAINSHIP PILOT 43
Hi All,
Just sold my 2005 Mainship 430PT which I cruised 2500 hours over the last six years. It was a great boat but we wanted to downsize. Two days before we closed I received an email on a boat I might be interested in. Turns out it was a 2007 Mainship 43 Pilot. I just bought it and would like to connect with other 43 Pilot owners to swap information. Anybody out there have one of these they would like to share info on?
Best,
Joe Apicella
Glory Days

Fellow 43 Owner

I have owned my 2007 Mainship Pilot 430 for the past 7 years, I love it. I have made several updates to the boat over the years and would enjoy sharing experiences. Mike

Hi,
We have spent a total of one day on our new to us Pilot before laying it up so I'm interested to know what you have done to upgrade it. We usually cruise from Cape Cod to FL every other year, so this year we rented a place on Hutchinson Island in Stuart for Jan, Feb, & March. Would love to get together with you sometime to compare notes.
All the best,
Joe
Glory Days (IV)

Fellow 43 Owner

Joe,

I live in Hobe Sound which is only 30 min south of Hutchinson Island. I recently retired so I have a lot more free time. Let me know when you are in the area and I'd love to meet up. Cell 603-765-6284

Mike

Main ship 43

We are looking at a 2006 mainship 43. Very clean. No others are listed and trying to get an idea of reasonable price. May I ask what yours was listed for. Many thanks

are you looking at a 430PT 2 cabin, 3 cabin, or a Pilot? What's the asking?

43 pilot ...$380,000

I can't comment on the value, but I was on a Pilot 43 at a boat show in Newport Beach once. Very nice boat with lots of room inside. A bit like a somewhat poor man's GB Eastbay 44.

With twin Yanmar 370s (or maybe 440s for later models) it would use a lot of fuel at speed.

David

I replied to your email so don't know if you got it so now I'm replying to TF. I see you're in CA and I don't know the market there. I sold my 2005 MS 430PT in excellent condition with 2800 hours on it for $250,000. The 43 Pilot you're looking at in CA is in beautiful condition and has some features on it that I don't have. That being said all the research I have done make me think, IMHO, it should be around $100,000 less on the east coast

We closed the deal last week. Very excited with the new boat.

Congrats on the new boat. BTW, we need photos or it didn’t happen.

Congrats

Did you but the 43 Pilot or something different. The Pilot that was listed in CA is a beautiful boat. Post pics. Many years of HAPPY CRUISING!

We just purchased a 2008 43 Mainship Pilot. Will be taking it to Lake Champlain from Punta Gorda Fl. Do they all have electric sunroofs. One of ours doesn't work. Any advice. Thanks

My 2007 has electric sunroofs, they both work fine but I would say they add little to no benefit in South Florida. I often think about abandoning them. It looks like a fairly simple circuit to troubleshoot. Good luck and enjoy the trip

Mainship Pilot 43

I’m pretty sure the sunroofs were standard equipment. I have them on my 2007 and thankfully they work very well and don’t leak.
Have you done the trip north before? If not you might consider joining MTOA, lots of useful information from members who do it regularly.
I live on Cape Cod and am the Port Captain for the area, if you want to make a side trip I would be glad to show you around.
While on Lake Champlain be sure to stop at Chipman’s Point Marina. Great stop, very reasonable, loaner car available. Another good stop is the anchorage at Virgennes VT.
Safe Travele,
Joe Apicella
Glory Days
MTOA #4222
Gold Loop 2011/12

Thanks Joe we lived on Lake Champlain for 25 years so we know some of it. What is MTOA. Thanks for the invite not sure what we are doing. we are traveling with a couple who just did a trip from Conn. to Punta Gorda last year. Really appreciate your input. If you don't mind will have more questions. Do you know what the synthetic teak is in the cockpit

MTOA, Marine Trawler Owners Association. Nationwide trawler owners, mostly on the east coast. Members are active cruisers, mostly retired. Tremendous source of information in ALL aspects of boating. Also, excellent insurance benefits. Suggest you check it out at mtoa.net.

I have real teak in my cockpit.

I’ve done the ICW 9 times so if you need some help email me at joeap540@msn.com. We boaters are always happy to help.

Love to see some pictures of your Pilot. Where did you find yours? Also, curious as to how many 43’ Pilots were made. Does anybody know? How many 43 Pilot owners in this group? Perhaps we can share information.
Joe Apicella
Glory Days

Captains
I am also very interested in the Mainship Pilot 43. As an owner of a Pilot 34 I would love to find out more info and availability of these boats.
If you guys hear of any on the market please let me know.
Thanks
stevemurf8@gmail.com

Hi Joe Thanks for all the help we did join MTOA. Been really busy settling into our new home in Florida after selling our house in upstate New York. Will send you a picture of our 2008 Mainship Pilot 430. I also have a question about steering on our boat my friend believes there is a high pressure pump in the system.My husband Ed doesn't think so, believing its the same simple seastar
hydraulic system that we had in our mainship pilot 34 and 22 grady white. Thanks Gloria

Hi Joe Thanks for all the help we did join MTOA. Been really busy settling into our new home in Florida after selling our house in upstate New York. Will send you a picture of our 2008 Mainship Pilot 430. I also have a question about steering on our boat my friend believes there is a high pressure pump in the system.My husband Ed doesn't think so, believing its the same simple seastar
hydraulic system that we had in our mainship pilot 34 and 22 grady white. Thanks Gloria

Some might confuse an auto-pilot pump in a Seastar system with a power assist pump for that type of system. It should be immediately evident when turning the wheel if it is a power-assisted system.

Gloria
Just picked up on this thread and wanted to welcome aboard TF. There are lots of current & past Mainship owners here as well as good info.
I see you connected with Joe. I was introduced to him here on TF but finally met live first hand in Burlington several years back.
A couple good resources re MS info are Steve Cyr's Stella Blue website.
http://scyr.org/stellablue/index.php
He is also a member here but I dont see him outing often. He is a wealth of MS knowledge and was an I spiraling to me when we started with Bacchus and learning as much as I could about our 2008 MS 34HT.
I see you inquired about interior synthetic teak flooring. If it is the sheet goods I am pretty sure it would be PlasTeak. I pulled out the carpet in our fwd cabin and replaced it with PlasTeak and included the thin pad under it. We live the feel under foot vs the hard floor in our galley & salon/saloon.
My Bacchus website in my signature has a good deal of MS info. The Marlow - Mainship section has a sticky I posted with instructions to access many MS parts photos & source info.
Maybe our wakes will cross one of these days... we are over on the NY Finger Lakes but enjoy cruising and have made the trip to Lk Champlain twice.

there's a tan 43 pilot in our summer haulout yard, river forest stuart, fl. name is golden girl stuart, fl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom