Aqua Marine Watermaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seabag

Veteran Member
Looking at a boat with one of these units. My research suggests the company is out of business. Anyone with info on these units (durability, parts, service, etc) please contact me.

Thanks in advance.

We had one for 10 years. The high pressure pump, booster pump, membrane/housing and most of the other parts are off the shelf. The only part that may not be is the panel to adjust the high pressure which also has a flow meter and switch. The panel could be replaced if it failed by a similar one from Cruise RO Watermakers probably. We rebuilt our high pressure pump from parts sourced locally once.

Unless the unit has been pickled correctly within the last year, figure a new 2.5”x40” Dow Filmtec membrane for less than $250 assuming it’s a 600 GPD unit.

Last edited:
I have one that has never worked. They were constantly under development, something they didn't tell you when you bought it, so you'd call with an issue and they'd want to sell you the latest revision. Ya, the good thing is that they are built from off the shelf parts, if you are handy and motivated you should be able to make and keep it working, maybe.
I was happy to take mine out, my brother also had one on his boat, also happy when he removed it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom