Mesh Fabric for Window Covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Besslb

Guru
Vessel Name
Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Make
Navigator 42'
Hi All!

I need to remake our windshield cover. It is currently Phifertex standard. Has anyone used, or seen in person Soltis 86 mesh? How does the visibility through it compare to standard Phifertex?

I am interested in the Soltis, because it comes in 69" widths and will make the sewing of the shade SO much easier than the 54" that Phifertex comes in. (had to do three individual panels then attach them together for one large shade)

Hoping someone has experienced this new mesh. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with than material but have used quite a bit of the 10 oz mesh sold by RochfordSupply.com for a hobby boat / RV sewing business.
I've made window sun shade covers for myself and others and all have lasted well and folks are pleased.
Rochford has bargain 2nds in both 61" and 72" wide at attractive prices. I use the bargain material where possible and have not been disappointed.
Check them out and request samples for those of interest.
No affiliation other than a satisfied customer

I'm not familiar with than material but have used quite a bit of the 10 oz mesh sold by RochfordSupply.com for a hobby boat / RV sewing business.
I've made window sun shade covers for myself and others and all have lasted well and folks are pleased.
Rochford has bargain 2nds in both 61" and 72" wide at attractive prices. I use the bargain material where possible and have not been disappointed.
Check them out and request samples for those of interest.
No affiliation other than a satisfied customer

Thanks! Will check it out! Also, ordered a sample from Sailrite on the Soltis. Will report back.

Thanks! Will check it out! Also, ordered a sample from Sailrite on the Soltis. Will report back.

I'm interested in your thoughts once you've checked things out. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom