Battery connections

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlseaking

Wondering about the best way to connect (24) 12volt batteries in series/parallel for a 24 volt system to achieve balanced charge/discharge? Lots of combinations

24 batteries in one bank? Wow! Consider breaking it down into manageable banks. Have to noodle on that for a while. Lots of connections equals lots of voltage drop across the connections.

Last edited:
24 volt battery connections

24 batteries in one bank? Wow! Consider breaking it down into manageable banks. Have to noodle on that for a while. Lots of connections equals lots of voltage drop across the connections.

I was thinking of series connecting (4) sets of two. Then parallel. (3) banks in this formation paralleled to positive and negative busses from there to inverter/charger

There are a lot of ways to do it. Here is a website that I think you should read, and read carefully.

SmartGauge Electronics - Interconnecting multiple batteries to form one larger bank

Thanks Dave,

That is a great website.

I attended a seminar in the spring where the speaker briefly covered balancing batteries and mid point voltage monitoring. The speaker was not clear in his description and had no drawings to illustrate. I did not understand the point of balancing.

The articles in the web site smartgauge is full of wiring diagrams and simple explanation.

I get it now! Will be rewiring batteries when I get home.

Thanks Dave,

That is a great website.

I attended a seminar in the spring where the speaker briefly covered balancing batteries and mid point voltage monitoring. The speaker was not clear in his description and had no drawings to illustrate. I did not understand the point of balancing.

The articles in the web site smartgauge is full of wiring diagrams and simple explanation.

I get it now! Will be rewiring batteries when I get home.

It does provide a great explanation. However, when I think of how to do with with 24 batteries to make a 12v system, my head kind of explodes.

Back
Top Bottom