Mainship 390 holding tank access to change hoses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjones570

Vessel Name
Southern Latitude
Vessel Make
390 Mainship
Curious to see how others have accessed the holding tank on a Mainship 390 with a single engine to change the hoses. Mine is located in the center just to the portside of the lower helm. There is very limited access through the hatch under the lower helm and through the steps that lead down to the head. I am unable to reach the hoses at the bottom of the holding tank. Any ideas?

Inside of the bilge space through the hatch at the foot of the helm. You might need to unstrap the holding thank and lift it to get to the discharge fittingw. There is no access to the holding tank in the stairs on the 350.

If you have a macerator, then there will be two hoses to replace on the bottom of the tank.

Curious to see how others have accessed the holding tank on a Mainship 390 with a single engine to change the hoses. Mine is located in the center just to the portside of the lower helm. There is very limited access through the hatch under the lower helm and through the steps that lead down to the head. I am unable to reach the hoses at the bottom of the holding tank. Any ideas?

Can't say, about access... but you might consider replacing side hoses with top fittings, using a Uniseal grommet for installation.

If your current innies and outies are on the side, you could gain capacity and maybe a little bit of improved maintenance access. Sounds like you may have a T at the bottom side for a hose to deck pump-out fitting and overboard macerator. You might also have an inlet and a vent on the side, a couple inches below the top of the tank. If you move those latter to the top, you gain capacity. If you move the outlets to the top, you might gain ease of future maintenance.

When we did our replacement project earlier this year, I used separate fittings for an outlet hose to the deck pump-out and an outlet hose to the overboard macerator. Routing was easier, no longer any need to deal with a T on the bottom side.... or an always-nasty hose to the overboard macerator.

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom