TF Gathering in SE Florida 2020...2/20-2/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big boat is working in Ny... Gearing up for salvage . I'm off until 18 Sept. Boat will go wherever directed by Navy for salvage of support services.
We were in Ponce. Puerto Rico after the wind stopped. Salvaging a CTL that got a container crane toppled on it...

Glad you and the boat are out of harms way. Hopefully we will see you at the Ft Pierce gathering this year. Beer awaits.

Menzies. The speed of construction in the Bahamas it may need more time.

Jack (Steve) where is your big boat for the storm? Safe I hope.

I suspect that will be very true of the infrastructure.

For boats such as ours, which are self contained, then that may not be a stopper.

I mentioned a personal reason previously that we wantd to go to the Abacos in July next year, so targeted the TF spring flotilla for 2021.

The reason we wanted to go in July next year is that it is our 40th anniversary. We started going to the Abacos in 2002 with our children and have been going regularly since. Our children (now grown) have very fond memories of the Family Islands so we decided to rent a four bedroom house (Treasure Cay) with a dock big enough for Sonas and have them all over to celebrate, staying in the house. That plan may now be in tatters.

So we will pick somewhere else for our anniversary trip. However we will look to still get to the Abacos next year sometime. We can anchor out full time with a 2k mile range, watermaker etc. We would like to fly the flag over there supporting them as much as we can after such a horrible storm.

Obviously devil is in the details as to what this is all going to look like.

Last edited:
Don and Larry, et al, have we got a date for the Ft. Pierce Gathering of 2020?

Yeah guys, inquiring minds.

Glad you and the boat are out of harms way. Hopefully we will see you at the Ft Pierce gathering this year. Beer awaits.

Boats in NY, I'm in Fl but we got very lucky on this one. I hope she treats the Carolinas as well as she did Florida.

Yes, very happy you guys will miss the excitement. A blessing.

OK guys and gals,

I couldn’t set a date without consulting the Ouiga, and the Ouija says that Feb. 20-23 looks good. So arrive by the 20th and leave on the 23rd. Of course, you are welcome to come early and stay later.

This will be a Thursday thru Sunday. It will include the Saturday Farmer’s market again.

Last edited:
Darn it, we will be in RIO for Carnival!

It was a hard choice!

Senior Moon. Great executive decision. I’ll make plans to see everyone and have a great time. Will you contact the marina or are we better to do it individually?

Thanks so much, I know the pay isn’t very much for the work you and your sidekick (Larry) receive but we all appreciate your efforts.

Menzies be careful in Rio, it gets worse every year. One day you guys will make it. :)

What a coincidence, boat is heading to the yard next week for winter waxing. :)

Ted

Ted I could have predicted that event. Made me laugh. Hope you survive with no damage, not even a leaf on Slow Hand.

Ted beat me to it but I can add the creek is rising. Better be there, two years in a row is inexcusable. I’m buying beer tomorrow.

I’d rather talk to Miss Wendy.

If Jack's going and Wendy's showing up, I might as well go. How about another dream rental at the Taj Mahal, SOF?

I could probably save up enough for an upgrade...if there's some IPA in it for me.

If Al and Jack are coming, I guess I'll need a bigger beer cooler. :rolleyes:

Ted

...and lots of ice, please Capt! I'm bringing my laser thermometer to find the very coldest IPA!!
No worries, I'm putting yours in my new boat refrigerator. ;)

Ted

No worries, I'm putting yours in my new boat refrigerator. ;)

Ted

Great deal! Thanks, buddy! We can also get an Official TF Fridge Inspection in there in the process! I have little doubt you'll pass muster.

Great deal! Thanks, buddy! We can also get an Official TF Fridge Inspection in there in the process! I have little doubt you'll pass muster.
Certificate suitable for framing?

Ted

OK guys and gals,

I couldn’t set a date without consulting the Ouiga, and the Ouija says that Feb. 20-23 looks good. So arrive by the 20th and leave on the 23rd. Of course, you are welcome to come early and stay later.

This will be a Thursday thru Sunday. It will include the Saturday Farmer’s market again.

Darn it, that looks a bit early for us. We were hoping for early March.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

Back
Top Bottom