MS 400 Raw water Strainer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

welippisch

Vessel Name
Adrift
Vessel Make
MS 400
I'd like to carry an extra Raw Water strainer sleeve on the boat. I'm having trouble locating a spare for the 0.75 Raw Water connected to the AC unit and Raw water pump. It looks like a Marine Hardware unit but not sure. West Marine and Boat Owners Warehouse do not carry them and offered minimal advice. Attached are photos.:banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_3745.jpg
    IMG_3745.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3748.jpg
    IMG_3748.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3749.jpg
    IMG_3749.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 54
I believe its a Grocco. I had a difficult time finding an exact replacement. Try Defender.com

Maybe Buck Algonquin, a common OEM supplier for Luhrs Group boats.

-Chris

It looks similar to my MS 34HT strainers that are Marine Hardware.
If you go to my Bacchus website you will find a link to MS, Luhrs, Hunter parts pictures & supplier info. They are not searchable but you can scan through the thumbnails and click on any for more info.
The BOM for MS 34 T/HT is searchable and you can then look for that part/photo #
Also look at the engine cooling strainer housing... mine had the MH name cast in on the larger one.
My yard was able to get replacement bowls so assume baskets shouldn't be a problem.
Currently cruising and working from phone/tablet w limited connections or would try to help. If you are stuck let me know and I'll look when I can get a better connection...

Last edited:
If it turns out to be Buck, I got new strainer baskets in various sizes from marineengineparts.com, aka lighthousemarine.com.

The screw-on "lid" looks different from Buck strainers, though...

-Chris

Maybe they are interchangeable but my MS were definitely MH. Baskets look identical.
20190627_082908.jpeg20190627_082934.jpeg20190627_082928.jpeg

Yep, with the full picture, I see now not at all like the Buck Algonquin strainer tops...

-Chris

Marine Hardware is still in business, I had a cracked bowl on one of my main strainers a few years back, they sent me a new one. Google them and give them a call, they were good to work with.

Engine Room Bulb - Eurolight

To everyone who responded to my Strainer issue- Thank you. Marine Hardware in Seattle was great. Very helpful and quick to ship the right part.

As I'm continuing thru my "punch list", on my new to me 2007 MS 400, I came across the need for a bulb. It belongs to the Eurolight fixture in the engine room. No part # that makes sense to the suppliers.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3840.jpg
    IMG_3840.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3869.jpg
    IMG_3869.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3870.jpg
    IMG_3870.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3871.jpg