Transporting a boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shindig

Vessel Name
Shindig
Vessel Make
Mainship 34T
I live in S. CA and the MS34T’s are in short supply. Am I crazy about having one shipped from the east coast or FL to CA? I can’t seem to find an accurate keel to flybridge height for a 2005,6,7,8,9 etc. Do any of you SEA-soned MS experts know this measurement?

I'd be looking at what the shipping costs will be in relation to the total cost of the boat.

A shipper who has been in the biz for awhile should have that measurement.

We dragged our boat all the way from Rhode Island to South Dakota, however, in my opinion that kind of thing only makes sense if you really, really like the boat, and you get a fantastic deal on the purchase price. Both were true for us, but even then it was a close call. Disassembly, reassembly, the wear and tear, the chances of miswiring, lots more involved than just the trucking itself. Marina charges to pull, prep and load, shrink wrap, marina charges to unload. All the associated costs came to 60% of the shipper's cost, although we did get some extra work done. Wasn't cheap.

If you do move the boat, I would recommend that you be present when they disassemble the flybridge and make absolutely sure that everything is labeled in waterproof markings. A friend had his boat trucked from California to Texas and he had lots of issues after it was put back together. It took him several years to get all of them straightened out.

I had my WhisperJet trucked from NC to Seattle. Zero issues (no fly bridge though)

IMG_2130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom