40 ft mainship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomsboat

Vessel Make
Mainship Trawler
I have a 2007 40 ft Mainship trawler some people have a hard time getting on it.
Has anyone put something on the swim platform to make it easier to get on from the dock .My docks are high and it's a big drop to the swim platform. Thanks Tom

Why not step down onto the gunnel, then to the side deck?

Why not step down onto the gunnel, then to the side deck?
Exactly...
Our 34 has grab bars under the hardtop overhang and a step down from gunnel. Isn't the 400 set up similar?
I added a piece of synthetic teak on top of gunnel when I did PlasDeck on side & aft decks. Smooth FG was a little hazardous.
I also added a removable rail section up forward for very high docks and/or tie up walls. Now have 3 levels to board.
Floating docks swim platform, med ht docks over gunnel, high up fwd of the side deck step up.
I have some pics if interested

Gang Plank MS400

This what came with my MS400, that must of been used by the previous owner. Pretty heavy and can be stowed in the ER.

Attachments

• IMG_3872.jpg
    IMG_3872.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 78
They make a 3 step removable ladder, with wood treads, and stainless hardware. There
are 2 stainless brackets into which the top of the ladder attaches. You can mount it on
either the transom such that the bottom rests on the swim platform, or, you can mount it on the inside of the cockpit, with the bottom feet on the deck of the cockpit. Either way, you can simply lift it up and remove it when not in use, and store it under the cockpit.
Captain Ron D. Sandy Eggo, CA (Land of the fruits and nuts)

Back
Top Bottom