For those you who've asked about bidet toilets...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeadMistress

Guru
Commercial Member
I just tripped over this while searching for something else: Wayfair has an assortment of bidet seats, most of which aren't expensive. Although marketed for household toilets, they should fit any marine toilet that has a household size bowl. They all do need 115v ac power, but that's also true of those made for the marine and RV market. Worth checking out IMO.

https://www.wayfair.com/Washlet-C100-Toilet-Seat-Bidet-L807-K~TOT4855.html?refid=

--Peggie

I just tripped over this while searching for something else: Wayfair has an assortment of bidet seats, most of which aren't expensive. Although marketed for household toilets, they should fit any marine toilet that has a household size bowl. They all do need 115v ac power, but that's also true of those made for the marine and RV market. Worth checking out IMO.

https://www.wayfair.com/Washlet-C100-Toilet-Seat-Bidet-L807-K~TOT4855.html?refid=

--Peggie

I do hope the water is heated.

I don’t like bidets, every time I wash my hands it sprays all over...

Great for emergency eye wash and drinking fountain!:thumb:

The only place I have found a Bidet Kit in stock was the Miami ,Home Depot.

Made to convert a std toilet into a Bidet so its an easy retrofit.

Bidet

Home depot now has them sold next to the toilets. Also Toto has them, can get them at any plumbing supply store. However, keep in mind you need to have power close by. Great idea in a boat, no worries about TP clogging up again.

This looks like a good thing, except for the constant power draw for the water and seat heaters. I know that if we still had a land home it would have a deluxe Toto in the master bath!

The units that retrofit std. toilets we found, tap into the cold and hot water lines, no added power required.

Big fan of the bum gum myself.
Cost about $10 and use no power.

Bidets must be a female-thing since I haven't experienced any substantial benefit.

If you guys have this on your boat I’m impressed! The layover hotel in Narita, Japan.

Attachments

• 88D6BFBC-EA79-4055-9136-B5C98D4EFACD.jpg
    88D6BFBC-EA79-4055-9136-B5C98D4EFACD.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 734BFB6D-AA29-47A9-A6AA-48FB66F1317A.jpg
    734BFB6D-AA29-47A9-A6AA-48FB66F1317A.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 81
If you guys have this on your boat I’m impressed! The layover hotel in Narita, Japan.

Which is quite the leap over a traditional 'hole in the floor' toilet. The Japanese really do seem to have an odd fascination with high-tech toilet engineering.

But realistically, I don't think most boat toilets have a standard size. Or at least not large enough for fancier units like this to fit.

I have always wanted to try a bidet. My bathroom doesn't have the room for and stand alone one, and I haven't tried to justify an aftermarket add-on on that requires funky plumbing. Still, when I talk to people (in the USA), most are against it. My go-to talking point to help them understand one is this: If I threw a big turd at you (no... that's not a thing) and it hit you on your skin, would you only use a wad of paper to clean it up? No, you would use at least running water and probably soap too. That usually gets them onboard.

One advance in dirt house toilets is the toilet seat and lid that closes slowly and does not slam closed .

One advance in dirt house toilets is the toilet seat and lid that closes slowly and does not slam closed .

If it slams down, your wife or g/f know you put it down. LOL

Seriously, if the position of the toilet seat is all you have to worry about, you are fortunate....

BUT, I do have a rule..... lid goes down. Failure to lower the lid, I will leave the seat up. You decide. LOL

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidet_shower

If you step in dog crap do you hose it off to get clean or do you grab some paper and smear it around your foot?
Same same.
So wait a minute. But you say you are a big fan of "bum gum".

I'm not quite sure if you put the gum on your bum to aid in the removable of an undesirable substance, or if the gum on your bum is the undesirable substance.

Maybe I missed your sarcasm.

Or maybe I need to brush up on my Australian scatological vernacular.

Greetings,
I got up one night, in Shanghai, at 0 dark 30 to "go" and plunked down on what I'd forgotten was a heated toilet seat. VERY disconcerting to this guy who grew up where a warm toilet seat meant a recent occupant. Not hard to get freaked out when half asleep. Just sayin'...

200w.webp

So wait a minute. But you say you are a big fan of "bum gum".

I'm not quite sure if you put the gum on your bum to aid in the removable of an undesirable substance, or if the gum on your bum is the undesirable substance.

Maybe I missed your sarcasm.

Or maybe I need to brush up on my Australian scatological vernacular.

Or maybe it was fat fingers/tiny keyboard ;)

You guys (and gals) are so far beyond me in creature comforts. I've never even considered a bidet!! (..or storing my TP in a trash bag!! Yuck!)

I'm still getting used to my soft-closing seat.

We have them on our home and boat toilets.

Their is no need for 110 v but you can have that if you want .. mostly it heats the seat.

Amazon has a huge selection. While you can get ones that plumb into hot and cold water, we just use the latter. Remember your boat water supply is inside the boat at more or less the same temp as you are!

THe bidet does nto really replace TP as you still need it to dry yourself unlss you go with the 110v that blows hot air over your hiney

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom